Gibson Brands Forums

Of Mona Lisa's and Mad Hatters....

Homz

I assure you' date=' I have NOTHING against, upon, or NEAR, Elton John.

Yuk.

Murph.[/quote']

Thanks Murph, you never disappoint.

I saw him 7 or 8 years ago. Just him and a grand piano. He was great. My wife some friends and I went to the, then new, Field House in Indianapolis.

Elton John is gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Come on don't you remember all of those great songs from the '70s.

Good Bye Yellow Brick Road, Benny and the Jets, Candle in the Wind, Tiny Dancer, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting. Oh I can go on forever.

I saw him 7 or 8 years ago. Just him and a grand piano. He was great. My wife some friends and I went to the' date=' then new, Field House in Indianapolis. [/quote']

I listen to hard rock and metal, but my wife loves Elton John. We went to a show of his a few years ago, and let me tell you, it was a GREAT show. I would go see him again anytime.

I'm just stating the obvious...he is gay.

I like the album "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" recorded at the Caribou Ranch' date=' in Nederland, Colorado in 1973.[/quote']

Elton recorded three albums at Caribou Studio:

Caribou 1974

Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy 1975

Rock of the Westies 1975

Sadly a fire wiped out the studio in 1985.

I live about 40 minutes from the ranch and actually got to go up to the studio back when it was first starting up. It was a very cool place, out of the way and tucked away in the mountains about 5-7 miles west of Nederland.

Elton recorded three albums at Caribou Studio:

Caribou 1974

Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy 1975

Rock of the Westies 1975

Sadly a fire wiped out the studio in 1985.

I live about 40 minutes from the ranch and actually got to go up to the studio back when it was first starting up. It was a very cool place' date=' out of the way and tucked away in the mountains about 5-7 miles west of Nederland.[/quote']

The list of famous people who have recorded there is long too.

Elton's always been one of my favorites. The guy's a genious with a melody.

I do wish he'd of stayed more into the rock scene, and less into movie soundtracks and such, but I guess that's where a lot of the money and fame are.

I think Madman Across The Water would be a great theme for this place of late.

I'm just stating the obvious...he is gay.

I like the album "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" recorded at the Caribou Ranch' date=' in Nederland, Colorado in 1973.[/quote']

the question is not, is it obvious? the question is, is it relevent? and of course the answer is no. then why was it brought up if not to disparage?

i like how everyone is a smartass on this forum now, if you cant beat 'em, eh?

I'm doing a little compare/contrast. If you go to the youtube link in the first post on this thread then compare it to a more modern live version (linked on the right side of the youtube site), you may find it interesting just how much EJ's voice has changed over the years. Big difference. The 72 version is much better. IMHO.

I then ran, screaming profanities, and put my head through a plaster wall, just to prove my manlyness.

Elton John is short...

EJ=short

KSG=also short

EJ=male pattern baldness

KSG=male pattern baldness

EJ=musician

KSG=musician

EJ=rocks

KSG= jury's out

EJ=white

KSG=so white, so very white

EJ=very outspoken politically

KSG=very outspoken politically

EJ=has man parts

KSG=missing one

EJ=probably takes testosterone injections

KSG=no dout about it

EJ=says he is gay

KSG=denies all the rumors

Conclusion: KSG has guns and isn't afraid to shoot them, often and in every direction he can.

Archived