Gibson Brands Forums

GHS white Bronze light strings

kelly campbell

I know a guy that works at a local major retailer and he swears by them..I have not tried them but wonder what your opinions might be and if they are worth trying out.

I'm a fan of GHS. Used the white bronze on my L-00 and liked them for gentle fingerstyle. My ears said the tone decayed after less than 7-10 days, but out of the box they are great for a mid-range acoustic. I've since settled on GHS vintage bronze.

Edited by vacamartin

Why are they white?

The bass ones are...kinda...

I got 'em all strung on (only two punctures to my fingers) and tuned. After a couple minutes beating them into submission one of the high Es and the high G broke...

I'm not one of those instrumental intellectuals that can tell you things like, "The hybrid ambience of this string's particular blend really accentuates the mid-range caramel hues of the bracing and you can really smell the wood grain with these on"...they felt like something between my trusty Marquis' and Silk and Steels...

Sorry I couldn't be more help...I think that's the most I've ever paid for a set of strings, too... [bored]

Guess I'll try those Daddario Nickel Bronze...meantime, at least I've got a couple new sets of Marquis Phosphor Bronze...

Edited by Cabarone

The bass ones are...kinda...

I got 'em all strung on (only two punctures to my fingers) and tuned. After a couple minutes beating them into submission one of the high Es and the high G broke...

I'm not one of those instrumental intellectuals that can tell you things like, "The hybrid ambience of this string's particular blend really accentuates the mid-range caramel hues of the bracing and you can really smell the wood grain with these on"...they felt like something between my trusty Marquis' and Silk and Steels...

Sorry I couldn't be more help...I think that's the most I've ever paid for a set of strings, too... [bored]

Guess I'll try those Daddario Nickel Bronze...meantime, at least I've got a couple new sets of Marquis Phosphor Bronze...

Ha Ha I am not that kind of intelectual either.. Speaking of the most paid for a set of strings, did you see what Martin is getting for the titanium core's? $40.00 a set...I was at sweetwater yesterday and they were sold out..aint no way I pay that much for strings.

Thanks for the input..I am not really a fan of coated strings but we shall try them,I guess but if they peter out that fast it will be a one time trial.

I've had good experiences with the nano-web strings. they seem to last a long time