Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Guitar God

Got a new one today. It's a black 1994 Gibson Les Paul Standard. Got it from the same friend I got my '76 Sound City cab from last night. Got a pretty good deal on it because it has had a cracked headstock and repair, but the repair looks pretty great. He got it from Craigslist last summer and I was with him when he got it. That aside, it does play and sound absolutely amazing and it's straight up. Came with the original receipt, hang tag, and still had the Gibson sticker in the case. Very happy with this one because a black Les Paul Standard has been my #2 dream guitar since I started playing at 8 years old - heritage cherry sunburst Standard being #1, which I already have. [biggrin] Here is a picture:

VNdCZQN.jpg

A classically beautiful guitar!!

Say, I just realized that I probably stole a guitar right out from under your nose, albeit a few years ago.

I was doing some helicopter business in Piney Flats, and we were staying in the Doubletree in Johnson City.

This was in 2010 or 2011.

I walked over to the mall next door, because the desk clerk told me they had a guitar store there.

Scored a new Ibanez Jet King JTK40 for $350 out the door, with the factory silver case.

I love this guitar, and bring it to gigs at least twice a year.

[tongue]

163012.jpg

A classically beautiful guitar!!

Say, I just realized that I probably stole a guitar right out from under your nose, albeit a few years ago.

I was doing some helicopter business in Piney Flats, and we were staying in the Doubletree in Johnson City.

This was in 2010 or 2011.

I walked over to the mall next door, because the desk clerk told me they had a guitar store there.

Scored a new Ibanez Jet King JTK40 for $350 out the door, with the factory silver case.

I love this guitar, and bring it to gigs at least twice a year.

[tongue]

163012.jpg

Haha. Nice! The Jet King guitars are cool. Don't think I ever played one, though. Do you get out this way much?

Archived