Gibson Brands Forums

Saxon - 30 Years & 27 Albums

BIGBENDS

This band has persevered 30 years of ups and downs and they still make great rock/metal albums. I saw the Motorhead post a few weeks ago and love those guys, so I had to share some Saxon. Saxon & Lemmy are like that X. Here's a sample. The guy from Rose Tattoo sings here too.

Always Interesting subjects for their song writing. None of that devil BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSc68xEpmHE

The new one - Live to Rock. You guys gotta hear the Lionheart CD. That is fantastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep2seMO405U

One more - Justice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAL2P1TfyAY

BIGBENDS, I have been listening to Saxon's Into the Labyrinth all week. So far, my favorite track is probably track 7, "Crime of Passion." I really dig "Demon Sweeney Todd" as well. Saxon continues to crank out great metal, and the production is always top notch.

Queensrÿche is my favorite band, and they are getting ready to release American Soldier on 3-31. Great metal/hard rock coming out early this year.

I saw Saxon and Fastway open for Iron Maiden on the Piece of Mind tour in 1983. I did not know who Saxon was at the time. I got into them later, but I remember that Biff wore an outfit that reminded of me Ozzy's outfit on the back cover of Diary of a Madman.

Yeah, gromaj. I saw that same tour. Fastway was a good opener, but Biff and Saxon fired up the crowd to a blazing, red hot inferno! I knew who they were, but didn't know they were gonna be so good live. By the time Iron Maiden came out, the crowd was too tired to Rock like they did for Saxon. Great show. I love Iron Maiden too, but Saxon left a big impression about what kind of Rock-n-Roll band they are. How about that 10 ft. tall Eddie character?

Saxon's latest has some great songs, Gromaj. I don't have a favorite yet. I've heard it a few times but don't have it yet. Love the music they have produced throughout the years. They write great lyrics about some interesting subjects. Listen to Man And Machine from Lionheart. It's a kickin' song about speed boat racing. Justice is another good one about living with integrity and courage. I always liked that positive influence about Saxon.

Saturn, check out some of the newer stuff. You might like it too. Although I love the older Saxon just as much.

I've "persevered" as many years' date=' or more.

But I ain't buyin' em' breakfast.

I'm all for "you" buyin' em' breakfast.

Ha.............

Best to ya.

Murph.[/quote']

With all due respect, Murph, I wasn't talking about buying anyone anything. I posted this to connect with some of the more open minded members here, not to expect sarcastic posts like yours. If I don't care for what others post, I don't leave sarcastic comments. You shouldn't either. Congratulations to you on persevering....................Ha.

BIGBENDS

• 2 weeks later...

Archived