Gibson Brands Forums

Maple Lovers Dream

JuanCarlosVejar

Wow, beautiful. If I had the opportunity to have something like that, I'm thinking I'd try to recreate the set up etc... as close to original as possible. Does anyone have any idea on the type of stings that might have come on it, at least the materials etc... (I'm not even sure how much variety was around then, but just interested).

Thanks and Rgds - billroy

Wow, beautiful. If I had the opportunity to have something like that, I'm thinking I'd try to recreate the set up etc... as close to original as possible. Does anyone have any idea on the type of stings that might have come on it, at least the materials etc... (I'm not even sure how much variety was around then, but just interested).

Are you talking about the specs and quality of the 1930's ?

JC

Are you talking about the specs and quality of the 1930's ?

JC

Hi, thanks for the reply - Specifically for that guitar - I'm wondering what it would have been spec'd with (or likely to have been spec'd with) back then, but in general, the for the era was there a wide supply of spring choices, or was it pretty limited. Just wondering, not critical - but appreciate any input. Rgds - billroy

Hi, thanks for the reply - Specifically for that guitar - I'm wondering what it would have been spec'd with (or likely to have been spec'd with) back then, but in general, the for the era was there a wide supply of spring choices, or was it pretty limited. Just wondering, not critical - but appreciate any input. Rgds - billroy

Red spruce top

Curly Maple b/s

2 piece maple neck

Ebony board and bridge

The scale length I believe is 26"

Imperial Tuners

99% of the 1930's/early 40's were Rosewood back and sides

This may be the only maple example ... and I guess there could be one or two done in mahogany

JC

The only strings I've ever found in old cases are Black Diamond.

They've been around since 1890.

D80B4664-5CDE-433C-B15F-047F003C9582_zpslqlffghh.jpg