Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Bass???

Californiaman

These were selling cheap when they did not sell well as a GOW in 2007.

Actually I remember they were on the Stupid Deal of the Day on MF for $700 if I remember correclty.

This is a money bass though, I mean I guess it is a Les Paul but with a double cutaway.

There are actual Les Paul basses though, sunburst and all.

My dream bass is an EB3. But my current budget only allows for Fender basses, and I'm pretty happy with those for now.

I think it would be great if Gibson started doing a "faded" bass series, much like their faded SG series which i understand was a big hit. They need to start offering affordable, versatile basses if they ever want to be a more popular bass manufacturer.

Nice bass...I've got ane Epiphone Les Paul bass...it was a lot nicer than I thought it would be...Still prefer my Thunderbirds over that though....By the way...Love the Big Boy Avatar...I've got a Big Boy sittin' on my book shelf.

I was on the Santa Barbara Craigslist this afternoon and saw one of those. It was nice looking with a flamed top. I think the guy wanted $375.00.

Big Boy's the best. Lots of good times and family memories there.

My friend has an LP "Money" bass (the Manhattan Blue, GOW) and its a nice playing bass but I believe it would have been a better seller with active electronics. Like all Gibson basses it has a nice, solid Rock tone but not so good for anything else. I never understood why Gibson didn't put more effort into the bass market. I guess with them owning Tobias they don't have to.

Anyone have any info on the Grabber II Bass coming out this year?

Archived