Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Mutha

I own that same guitar, the Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus.

One of the best (and most versatile) guitars in my arsenal.

I have owned it since I got it brand new out in Yuma, AZ in 2012.

It was gig-ready right out of the gate, and we've used it in a variety of clubs, bars, and private parties ever since.

I have quite honestly never felt the least inclination to change out even one component on the guitar.

What parts and bits would you change-out, and why?

[crying]

I don't mod 'em now but I used to, good luck to the OP if he wants to. You have to go through it all to find out.

For me there were 4 stages;

1) Buy Tele

2) Mod wiring, neck pickup rewound

3) 30 yrs later return wiring to 'as bought'

4) Realization, satisfaction and occasional enlightenment

[thumbup]

Edited by jdgm

Not that I would change a thing, but IMO, Fenders were made to mod... esp. Strats. I have no problem at all with the idea of buying an inexpensive guitar that plays and feels good, then modifying it with locking tuners, boutique pickups, trem bars (not that there's anything wrong with that), etc., etc.

Edited by zigzag

14519765_10210587499626636_6017226274585884233_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGPbY06dIXk0tKv0gnzEuWRRZOioFi4pLrDOs7J26kqEA01HlLlZ60YWETAWAregteaJ81uvHNHzohjGLExuRPQk0I0JCINlzFe6xVSKn12Vw&oh=71e24141f6622ba2b76a7e828a3a257f&oe=5BAFEBAC

I've had a Modern Player Strat for a while now. I changed the pickguard and set it up better. It plays as good as any Strat I've ever played now. Perhaps the electrics could do with upgrading. But the good thing there is, you can but a fully loaded pickguard and it's an easy swap.