Gibson Brands Forums

guitar spin failures

I lead such a sheltered life. I hadn't even heard of guitar spins until I was shown this.

I've been told I'm dull to watch & have no stage presence at all. After seeing this I feel fully justified.

Spoiler: No# 3 loses his head stock.

It's a move that's just unimpressive.

Whenever I've seen guys do this in concert I think, "what an idiot".

Hey, I'm a drummer and I never twirl my drumsticks either.

I'm not into wasted movement. Too lazy.

I did like the one where the Les Paul goes flying into the drum kit!

I really liked the way the drummer didn't flinch or miss a beat. Priceless!

Yes there have been some vids of this before...I love the one (not in this vid) where the guy spins his guitar and it whacks the lead singer in the face...but the singer keeps going! [lol] [lol]

Don't try this at home, kids.

[lol]

I really liked the way the drummer didn't flinch or miss a beat. Priceless!

I like that one too. He hardly missed a beat (ha ha). It was almost like it's happened before...

I also like the one where the V pokes the guy in the back. It's one of the least spectacular but I still (thought it was) very funny.

Thanks.

I like that one too. He hardly missed a beat (ha ha). It was almost like it's happened before...

Thanks.

Yeah, he didn't seem too surprised. If I was that drummer, I wouldn't play any gigs with that clown without wearing a helmet and either a catcher's or a goalie mask. [scared]

I also like the one where the V pokes the guy in the back. It's one of the least spectacular but I still very funny.

Thanks.

Yeah the V in the back was my favorite. Perfectly anticlimactic

It looked like the LP might have smacked the drummer upside the head before landing

I saw the lead guitarist for Drivin' and Cryin' do this and thought... that's the coolest guitar spin / swing / hurl

I think I've ever seen and then I remembered oh yeah, I don't think it's all that cool at all, nevermind.

I saw Steve Vai spin his long ago and just had to. He was really good at it. I go outside to practice. I haven't spun a guitar since 2002 or so, but it is fun and satisfying. I think I'll go out back and practice for next weekend, if it ever stops raining. Or, I'll find out I'm too old for that sh1t anymore.

I still windmill on Summertime Blues. That hurts.

rct

I could only watch about 2 minutes of it.. Some times, there are things out there that are just too stupid to watch.. Unfortunately this is one of them. At least have enough sense to use good strap locks,, if your gonna be a brainless idiot tho.. I suppose not.

edit: so I see I get -1 on this.. I'll go cry in my bedroom now. f-off

I could only watch about 2 minutes of it.. Some times, there are things out there that are just too stupid to watch.. Unfortunately this is one of them. At least have enough sense to use good strap locks,, if your gonna be a brainless idiot tho.. I suppose not.

edit: so I see I get -1 on this.. I'll go cry in my bedroom now. f-off

There I plussed you back up Ray, cause I agree if you're gonna get all twirly you best have a good set of locks.

Johnny

Archived