Gibson Brands Forums

guitar spin failures

hard to beat the Rush era with the Asian silk robes... Oy! what WERE they thinking...

Right but at least when Rush were wearing Kimono's they were making albums like 2112. But Rush would soon have there Synth trash era. I can't listen to most of Signals and beyond. Even their last few albums were better, but Rush form 2112 to Pictures is my era [thumbup] . The first 3 albums had great stuff on it as well. Then there's Rivendell and all of side 2 of Caress Of Steel [thumbdn] .

Not wanting turn this in to a Rush discussion which we could easily do elsewhere, I must admit I'm more in the tank for these guys than most sane people would be..

Power Windows and Moving Pictures (I think) were pretty stellar works. Can't forget to mention Counter Parts either. Test for Echo, and Vapor Trails, never got into much of those, but that was a weird time for them, Test for Echo was the last one they did before Neal's life fell to pieces with his daughter and wife's passing. Vapor Trails was the first one they did after all that happened. More recently, Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angles have some great moments.

Not wanting turn this in to a Rush discussion which we could easily do elsewhere, I must admit I'm more in the tank for these guys than most sane people would be..

Power Windows and Moving Pictures (I think) were pretty stellar works. Can't forget to mention Counter Parts either. Test for Echo, and Vapor Trails, never got into much of those, but that was a weird time for them, Test for Echo was the last one they did before Neal's life fell to pieces with his daughter and wife's passing. Vapor Trails was the first one they did after all that happened. More recently, Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angles have some great moments.

Saw them on The Power Windows Tour, and I will have to go on record and say that album is garbage, so was the album Hold Your Fire (saw that tour too), Grace Under Pressure (yep I saw that tour) had a good song or two. Vapor Trails (did not see that tour) was recorded with no synths and Rush stared to make better albums. IMO Snakes and Arrows (did not see that tour) was the best album they made since Moving Pictures (now that was a tour and my first time seeing Rush). Never got into Test For Echo, Presto or Counterparts (was not at any of those Tours). Any prog rock fans. FM opened for Rush on the Moving Pictures Tour where I used to live. Trust me I really do like Rush. I was also at the 30th Anniversary Tour, Time Machine Tour, Clockwork Angels Tour and the 40th Anniversary Tour.

Saw them on The Power Windows Tour, and I will have to go on record and say that album is garbage, so was the album Hold Your Fire (saw that tour too), Grace Under Pressure (yep I saw that tour) had a good song or two. Vapor Trails (did not see that tour) was recorded with no synths and Rush stared to make better albums. IMO Snakes and Arrows (did not see that tour) was the best album they made since Moving Pictures (now that was a tour and my first time seeing Rush). Never got into Test For Echo, Presto or Counterparts (was not at any of those Tours). Any prog rock fans. FM opened for Rush on the Moving Pictures Tour where I used to live. Trust me I really do like Rush. I was also at the 30th Anniversary Tour, Time Machine Tour, Clockwork Angels Tour and the 40th Anniversary Tour.

1st one for me was 2112 at the old Boston Gardens. Probably one of the worse memories of going to a concert I ever had. The old gardens was a disaster of a place to see a concert. we had floor seats, and everything was going great during the opener, when rush came out, the floor seating area turned in to a sea of human chaos. I was there with my wife, we had to vacate and find some seats in the balcony where it was marginally safer.

Probably been to a dozen at least since. I was at the R40 show, I think I skipped the clockwork angels tour but caught the last 4 or 5 b4 R40.

Moving pictures had some gems in there, Manhattan Project for example, but everyone has a different pallet, I get that. and they certainly are NOT for everyone, especially the early stuff, which for me, is still some great music.

Archived