Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Day. Finally go one of these.

Riffster

For more than a decade I have been considering getting a Wildkat, for one reason or another I never pulled the trigger.

I had been looking for a good deal lately but could not decide on color choices. I almost bought one that was a project but I came into my senses. Finally this one came up for a great price, in a color that I was considering.

$295 shipped to the house. Not bad at all. Call me crazy but by the pics on eBay I could tell the neck was slim and not too square (Epiphone uses a slim D profile on some guitars that can have too much shoulder and sometimes there is nothing slim about some necks). Anyway, I was right, I have tried about a dozen Wildkats and this has the my favorite neck profile of them all.

I wasn't too crazy about the gold hardware but it looks great one this guitar. I'm really happy with it. I will replace the nut and the bridge saddles.

42542274191_2985649837_c.jpg

41819430294_ae05f6babc_c.jpg

42542274701_8d1f8eee2b_c.jpg

One thing that made me laugh is that the bridge pickup was installed backwards and looks like it was installed that way at the factory.

41640054475_da222bc0ae_c.jpg

Thanks guys, I am really liking this guitar.

I saw a Gretsch Broadkaster Jr. and got GAS that quickly went away when I saw the $2,800 price tag. Incredible that guitars made in Japan have become so expensive.

Anyway, the Wildkat has all the vibe and then some. The size fits me better too.

Great looking guitar, congratulations!

I have a severe case of GAS (it's been 6 months) andI like this guitar. I put it on my wish list at Sweetwater. I've never played a Kat and noticed that someone called it a nice little guitar. I'm 6'4" with big hands and long, but not fat, fingers. I know that I have to try one to be sure, but would you generally say that it might be too small for me?Thanks!

...I......noticed that someone called it a nice little guitar. I'm 6'4" with big hands and long, but not fat, fingers.......would you generally say that it might be too small for me?

Not having one myself I can't speak with authority in the slightest but just from judging from the images it appears to be, size-wise, very similar to a (hypothetical) Venetian cutaway Les Paul...

But Don't Quote Me ! ! !

Pip.

Not having one myself I can't speak with authority in the slightest but just from judging from the images it appears to be, size-wise, very similar to a (hypothetical) Venetian cutaway Les Paul...

But Don't Quote Me ! ! !

Pip.

I won't quote you but your best guesses are usually spot on. Thanks for replying.

These guitars are actually larger than a Gibson Les Paul. One inch wider at the widest point.

I never understood the expression "nice little" when applied to things that aren't little.

Compared to most semi-hollow bodies it is a little "little". 😀

Archived