Gibson Brands Forums

Guitars you haven't played on (yet)

LWAG

I like Taylors a lot.....started with a 300 series 12 string then got a 200 series nylon stringer and added in a T5....

They don't suit everybody, but are very popular on the open mic and general acoustic circuit......[thumbup]

Also got a Guild F-130R.....low end MIC but superb VFM and sounds.....

V

:-({|=

I finally found a store in Omaha that caries Guild, They only had around 5 or 6 hanging up and I went in with my wife to see if they had any so didn't get to try one out. Now I know about them now. Guess you have to order what you want though. Always wanted a Guild Acoustic!msp_rolleyes.gif

I finally found a store in Omaha that caries Guild, They only had around 5 or 6 hanging up and I went in with my wife to see if they had any so didn't get to try one out. Now I know about them now. Guess you have to order what you want though. Always wanted a Guild Acoustic!msp_rolleyes.gif

I wonder how the new Guild stuff compares to the old stuff. Their new electrics seem like they’re probably built in Asia, not sure about the acoustics. I’ve got a huge Guild dreadnought from the Westerly factory which is an amazing guitar if you’re into dreadnoughts. I prefer a 00-18 or something along those lines the dread is just uncomfortably large for me

And yes Carvin were based in California. They used to have a store on the Sunset strip (across the street from the first GC) which was full of their guitars, amps, and PA gear. Their guitars were really high quality but the styling and features weren’t my cup of tea. I think they are still around in some capacity; making pedals or PAs or something

Archived