Gibson Brands Forums

Sweetwater GearFest - June 22nd and June 23rd

MichaelT

Anyone else going?

https://www.sweetwater.com/gearfest/

My lovely lady has graciously volunteered to come with me, even though most of the time she'll be bored and be following me around while I look at guitars and gear. I did get us a hotel with indoor/outdoor pool, bar, etc.

I've never been there before and it's about a 4 1/2 hour drive for us. While up there, we plan on going over near Chicago on Sunday morning because she's never seen any of the Great Lakes. We'll stay a while at the beach and make the long drive home afterwards.

Anyone else going?

https://www.sweetwater.com/gearfest/

My lovely lady has graciously volunteered to come with me, even though most of the time she'll be bored and be following me around while I look at guitars and gear. I did get us a hotel with indoor/outdoor pool, bar, etc.

I've never been there before and it's about a 4 1/2 hour drive for us. While up there, we plan on going over near Chicago on Sunday morning because she's never seen any of the Great Lakes. We'll stay a while at the beach and make the long drive home afterwards.

Sounds fun. I'd like to go to that, i'll have to take a look at my schedule.

If the wife has never seen the Great Lakes, the urban experience in downtown Chicago is very nice as it is public beach all along the lake with bike and walking trails.

If you want a more natural experience, the Warren Dunes in Southwest Michigan or the Indiana National Lakeshore are both wonderful places to spend an afternoon. If you go that route, Michigan City, IN and New Buffalo, MI are nearby lakeshore/getaway towns with their own beaches and amenities.

I go every year this year will be a little different for me as my friend who has always went with me cannot go. My friend has been fighting a brain cancer that is not curable, the type that John Mcain has..so it saddens me that he can not go. this would have been our fith year of going. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

if you run in to Stuart Niven tell him the "Pelkey's" from Massachusetts send their regards. (he also knows and works with my son Shawn on purchases and stuff)

I've called him and talked to him to let him know that we're going. I'll definitely say hello for you. :)

Archived