Gibson Brands Forums

MCK getting "scratchy"

jimmyree

Dammit all to hell, just tonight I was playing my Robot and when I went to adjust my tone knob (MCK) it started making scratching and popping noise through my amp and now feels like there is dirt in the pot when you turn it. F**k, now im going to have to send the damn thing in and get a new MCK and it will probably take a freaking year because everybody at Gibson is working overtime trying to fix a thousand dicked up Dark Fire's. I am now freaking pissed off! O:)

Thanks Elantric, unfortunately I cant get it shipped to Korea. We have some pretty good electronics cleaner at work which I tried yesterday with no luck. The more I mess with it the more it seems like the wiper in the pot is coming apart. I have all the equipment and knowledge to tear it apart and posiibly repair myself but I dont want to mess with my warranty and the pot is probably sealed and I know there is a small circuit card at the end of the MCK which could get a little tricky. Ill just live with it until I get back to the US in May, hopefully if I dont mess with it too much before then it will hold out for awhile.

I've got a bunch of Hoppe's #9 back in the US for my guns, I'll have to give that a try on some strings. It certainly makes sense that it would work for strings, and it smells awesome. I'm headed to Northern California in May for a couple of years. Maybe I'll get a chance to drive down and watch you gig with your DF Elantric. What area do you normally play?

Archived