Gibson Brands Forums

Bigfoot sighting.

LarryUK

The reason I believe, is that to me it would be highly improbable that there isn’t life outside of Earth.

Earth is the only planet that I can observe first-hand, and it is teeming with life. I don’t understand how somebody can think there are billions of other stars and planets out there, but we happen to be the only one with life

I can agree that we may not be the only planet that is inhabited. But their is still no hard evidence of Aliens, BF, Unicorns, Nessie ect. Remember the light you see from stars started travelling quite along time ago. light is the fasted thing we know of traveling at 186,000 miles a second. One light-year is equal to 9.50 billion kilometers or 5.88 billion miles. How long would it take for some sort of space craft to get here from another galaxy, planet ect traveling at a much slower speed? Just trying to interject some logic. Believing is great, but for me I need to see evidence and not just some film that can me doctored of a shadow in a tree.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...I can agree that we may not be the only planet that is inhabited......How long would it take for some sort of space craft to get here from another galaxy?...

Ah!

I think we might be talking at cross purposes where the word 'alien' is concerned. I'm not thinking about 'Little Green Men' visiting from neighbouring Solar Systems or the like.

And as far as the Ridley Scott movie is concerned; I was born WAY before it was released so the film holds absolutely no influence over the word 'alien' in my, erm, world.

I'm thinking about any form of life - sentient or not - which may exist on any planetary mass anywhere in the universe other than on our own Earth. This could be anywhere from single-cell organisms upwards. Which might at some point, of course, include Little Green Men after all!....

msp_smile.gif

Pip.

The reason I believe, is that to me it would be highly improbable that there isn't life outside of Earth.

Earth is the only planet that I can observe first-hand, and it is teeming with life. I don't understand how somebody can think there are billions of other stars and planets out there, but we happen to be the only one with life

you mean "pretended" to go to the moon. yea, let's get that ball rolling ...

...I've never seen one but I've heard one. Scared the sh1t outta me...

I'm not doubting that you may have had a brown-trouser moment, Mr. Gibson, but if you didn't see anything how do you know what made the noise you heard?......

eusa_think.gif

Pip.

If you look there is lot of credible evidence. I've never seen one but I've heard one. Scared the sh1t outta me. Some of my calves have disappeared without a trace.

The caves were taken by the Chupacabra.

The chupacabra or chupacabras is a legendary creature in the folklore of parts of the Americas, with its first purported sightings reported in Puerto Rico. The name comes from the animal's reported habit of attacking and drinking the blood of livestock, including goats.

But seriously you have caves and there are no predators around your farm or house?

Ok I just actually watched the video...

I see no proof of anything there.. How someone jumps from that clump of hair (which could be anything) to bigfoot I just don't know? To me it seems more like a set up so they can get hits on youtube than anything of real scientific value... I mean really I was expecting more but that video literally shows you nothing.

I see no proof of anything there.. How someone jumps from that clump of hair (which could be anything) to bigfoot I just don't know? To me it seems more like a set up so they can get hits on youtube than anything of real scientific value... I mean really I was expecting more but that video literally shows you nothing.

I agree. If you look closely at the ball of hair there is a monkey-like face but it’s really not convincing at all to me.

I agree. If you look closely at the ball of hair there is a monkey-like face but its really not convincing at all to me.

Ha, I didn't even notice the face.. It looks even more like a set up to me now... Lets face it.. That's exactly the sort of thing that gets youtube hits.. Its way more likely to be fake than real.

And that's just what I see as a probability in that fact that theres never any actual proof.. Just some blurry unwitnessed video or picture. Unlike the probability of other sentient life in the universe. Its so big that I see that as impossible that theres no other civilisation but ours. And to think we are the only sentient life, that's a bit narcissistic I think. Like humans are so great pffttttt.....

You didn't see the Alien holding hands with Big Foot. It was as right there on the video that in no way could have been faked. I mean the stuff on the internet is real right.

Aliens are supposed to be beings that have advanced far past what us humans have done. What if Aliens aka Extra Terrestrials if they exist are really how shall I put this...stupid.

You didn't see the Alien holding hands with Big Foot. It was as right there on the video that in no way could have been faked. I mean the stuff on the internet is real right.

I actually cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not? :)

I actually cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not? :)

Yes I am. I have been seeing and hearing about Aliens and BF and Nessie since the 70's when I was in my youth. It is even more laughable now that it is 35 to 40 years later and still no BF or Nessie or Aliens so come on "Show me the Alien" or drop it. It's preposterous. A tree with a shadow in it is a joke and some of you are all in...hook, line and sinker.

Yes I am. I have been seeing and hearing about Aliens and BF and Nessie since the 70's when I was in my youth. It is even more laughable now that it is 35 to 40 years later and still no BF or Nessie or Aliens so come on "Show me the Alien" or drop it. It's preposterous. A tree with a shadow in it is a joke and some of you are all in...hook, line and sinker.

Im not saying Aliens have visited.. For all I know interstellar travel may just be impossible.. But to think no life or sentient life form exists apart from on Earth I just think is crazy. With all those billions of stars and planets out there its an impossibility. My logic tells me that.

Who believes in God? Show me some proof? Yet billions do. Madness.

My thoughts exactly. But belief and knowledge are not meant to co-exist. Belief takes over where knowledge leaves off. It's how most humans fill in the knowledge gaps. But I'm more the scientist type... I need proof to accept things.... Bigfoot, gravity, God.... One of those is demonstrably provable.

My thoughts exactly. But belief and knowledge are not meant to co-exist. Belief takes over where knowledge leaves off. It's how most humans fill in the knowledge gaps. But I'm more the scientist type... I need proof to accept things.... Bigfoot, gravity, God.... One of those is demonstrably provable.

Yes.. Bigfoot had his own TV show and film :)

Im not saying Aliens have visited.. For all I know interstellar travel may just be impossible.. But to think no life or sentient life form exists apart from on Earth I just think is crazy. With all those billions of stars and planets out there its an impossibility. My logic tells me that.

If only Einstein had lived another 100 years or so he probably would have figured it out :)

I think there are laws of matter, electricity, time, space, etc which will eventually make interstellar travel possible. I think the universe is like a sandbox mode on a video game, and if you understand the forces behind it, you can potentially manipulate them to your will. Right now we are at a level where we are manipulating electricity, matter, and gravity to serve us. This has brought us further than people 100 years ago could have imagined. What happens when we make the next technological leap? Who is to say an undiscovered civilization has already been there? Perhaps billions of years ago for all we know

FZ is gonna say I’ve been hittin the bong too much, and he’s probably right. But there’s really nothing he will say to convince me otherwise, and anyway I would rather listen to people like Einstein who are far more knowledgeable and capable of looking beyond what’s visible to the naked eye

If everyone believed that things are impossible because we haven’t seen them yet, we’d be dragging our asses through the mud like the people in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Try telling one of them about an iphone

Archived