Gibson Brands Forums

2018 Summer Namm Show in Nashville

motorcitychick

Will Gibson be at the summer Namm Show 2018 in Nashville? This company is about 20 minutes from the convention center and it would seem nuts not to have a booth there. I was disappointed that Gibson was not at the winter Namm Show this year.

I buy Gibson guitars and I base off of what I see at the Namm Show, and if I see a guitar I want, I call my sales guy and have it ordered. If a company does not show at Namm, it is very likely I will not be buying a guitar from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Will Gibson be at the summer Namm Show 2018 in Nashville? This company is about 20 minutes from the convention center and it would seem nuts not to have a booth there. I was disappointed that Gibson was not at the winter Namm Show this year.

I buy Gibson guitars and I base off of what I see at the Namm Show, and if I see a guitar I want, I call my sales guy and have it ordered. If a company does not show at Namm, it is very likely I will not be buying a guitar from them.

• 2 months later...

The Summer Namm Show was a big bore again for me this year. I wish the summer show would go to a different location, maybe New York or Detroit, where there is energy and excitement. Gibson was there, but there was nothing new that hasn't already been shown. The limited edition Epiphone Peter Frampton Texan was not there, which I was interested in and no J180 Everly Brothers either.

Major rock artists weren't there, but I am hoping they will be at the winter 2019 Namm Show. I don't know how many more variations of a Les Paul there can be, but they were there at the show. I do miss the pre-show party's that Gibson used to put on at the custom shop in Nashville, where you got served a steak dinner, Peter Frampton would perform, and you would get swag up the ear with Gibson products. Those were great days and I wish they would come back! [biggrin]

• 1 month later...

Archived