Gibson Brands Forums

The Beatles vs The Stones!!

Dash_Starkiller

Yeah I can tell it is a green filter type effect. They are all still on LSD regardless. George stopped taking it when he went to SF in the late 60's. Maybe around the time of the White Album or shortly after. Haven't watched my Beatles docs in a while.

Yeah - the heart-shaped shades in Haight Ashbury.

Btw. the real veterans aboard should share some Haight-stories. Zomb, Nick, OC, , , maybe Tom and more.

As mentioned before : Even relatively plain memories - fx about beads - have value.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah - the heart-shaped shades in Haight Ashbury.

Btw. the real veterans aboard should share some Haight-stories. Zomb, Nick, OC, , , maybe Tom and more.

As mentioned before : Even relatively plain memories - fx about beads - have value.

I used to live in San Jose, CA and have been go SF countless times and the Haight is just like any SF street. Maybe a now with legal weed in CA it has some legal weed stores, but its just a street. Back in the day The Airplane lived at 2400 Fulton Street. The Dead lived at 710 Ashbury.

meanwhile, hoping someone will pick up on my question re Beatles studio sounds, that Lennon played the 106 E more often than his Rick short arm.

I don't know much about what they used and such, but I know where to look on a song-by-song basis. Warning - this is an addictive site. I wish there was one as good as this for the 'Stones.

Beatles Studio Stories by Song

I would not kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

Based on a picture your taking The Stones. That is some good logic.

Thanks! I thought so too.

Same way I always pick MaryAnn in these 'Ginger VS MaryAnn' threads: their legs.

After taking a close look at that body I'm pretty sure that's a guy in drag [scared] !

Nope. The photo below must have been taken a split second before or after the first one that got posted. All The Beatles are in exactly the same place and also the girl on the right seated with the dress on. You can see the girl with the feather boa is wearing the same shoes, and has the same shaped legs ect.

My link

After taking a close look at that body I'm pretty sure that's a guy in drag [scared] !

Yep, something is wrong, but only the head (I never knew - must be the lysergic acid diethylamide 25).

As LP Trad says the body is real, but belongs to another girl.

Here she is in a different position ~ tbO7ecQ.jpg

Your Body Belongs To A Different Girl is my new band name.

Em7th: "...the body is real but belongs to a different girl". Sounds sort of Zen-like.

Yikes, this thread is turning surrealistic (the Board has a fine tradition for sometimes doin' that).

But yezz, that tour rolled up for the zen-trail, didn't it.

Though nobody ever really knew what they found out there 1 thing is certain.

Paul already got another girl

1965 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAMsgHeKhlY

What we see in Lennon's hands is Harrison's 1962 J-160E, which on paper was Lennon's, but switched between them before the on paper Harrison's ditto, now played by Lennon, was stolen in 1963.

The Help-movie guitar still exists and now resides inside the so called G. Harrison Estate.

The stolen twin as we know miraculously re-surfaced in 2015.

P.S. - I prefer the dark dancer

I don't know much about what they used and such, but I know where to look on a song-by-song basis. Warning - this is an addictive site. I wish there was one as good as this for the 'Stones.

Beatles Studio Stories by Song

It didn’t go past totally unnoticed, PB, thanks very much for the link to The Beatles Bible!

That is fantastic!

I also have the Beatles Complete Scores which looks like a Bible and has every Beatle note recorded.....but no room for historical stuff like the lnk above.

Thanks again!

Goo Goo Goo Joob!

BluesKing777.

It didn’t go past totally unnoticed, PB, thanks very much for the link to The Beatles Bible!

That is fantastic!

I also have the Beatles Complete Scores which looks like a Bible and has every Beatle note recorded.....but no room for historical stuff like the lnk above.

Thanks again!

Goo Goo Goo Joob!

BluesKing777.

You're very welcome, BK777.

That Beatles' total score book is fantastic, but is deficient in one area. The print is too small. That's more about me getting long in the tooth more that anything else, though. It sure is loaded. That's another thing I wish the Stones had. To have a complete score (or close to it) would be pretty cool. There's not even a Sticky Fingers guitar tab book out. Most of it is well covered by other sources, but still....

This thread got me thinking about another topic within the Stones vs Beatles fun. Someone touched on it earlier. The White album verses Exile. I'll state straight off that Exile is the one for me. That has not always been the case as far as the Stones' collection goes. Sticky Fingers was number one in my book for 25 years. It might even be a #1-B thing. It was well into my 40's that I got into Exile.

None of my theories hold water very well as far as who choose what and why. I used to think more die-hard Stones fans liked Sticky Fingers more than Exile, but I broke my own theory myself for a long time. I used to, and still may very well think that the more casual 'Stones fan would almost never choose 'Exile as their favorite Stones album. Maybe Exile is an acquired taste?

I don't think the White album has any sort of parallels with Exile as fat as who chooses it over a different Beatles album. I am not a die-hard Beatles fan, but I do enjoy the White album. My favorite Beatles album? Roll the dice. I think any one of 6-7 Beatles albums could qualify as my favorite Beatles album at any given point in time.

In the end, it might very well be getting into guitar, other instruments and writing/mixing my own songs gave me a keen appreciation for what Glyn Johns, Andy Johns and Jimmy Miller did with that album. Especially "Let it Loose", "Rocks Off" and "Ventilator Blues". "Let is Loose" is a long study all by itself.

One other interesting tidbit I've read over the years is that Exile was as much of a Keith Richards baby as Beggar's Banquet was of Mick Jagger's.

Then again I could be wrong on all of it. I certainly was not there. [rolleyes]

This thread got me thinking about another topic within the Stones vs Beatles fun. Someone touched on it earlier. The White album verses Exile. I'll state straight off that Exile is the one for me. That has not always been the case as far as the Stones' collection goes. Sticky Fingers was number one in my book for 25 years. It might even be a #1-B thing. It was well into my 40's that I got into Exile.

None of my theories hold water very well as far as who choose what and why. I used to think more die-hard Stones fans liked Sticky Fingers more than Exile, but I broke my own theory myself for a long time. I used to, and still may very well think that the more casual 'Stones fan would almost never choose 'Exile as their favorite Stones album. Maybe Exile is an acquired taste?

I don't think the White album has any sort of parallels with Exile as fat as who chooses it over a different Beatles album. I am not a die-hard Beatles fan, but I do enjoy the White album. My favorite Beatles album? Roll the dice. I think any one of 6-7 Beatles albums could qualify as my favorite Beatles album at any given point in time.

In the end, it might very well be getting into guitar, other instruments and writing/mixing my own songs gave me a keen appreciation for what Glyn Johns, Andy Johns and Jimmy Miller did with that album. Especially "Let it Loose", "Rocks Off" and "Ventilator Blues". "Let is Loose" is a long study all by itself.

One other interesting tidbit I've read over the years is that Exile was as much of a Keith Richards baby as Beggar's Banquet was of Mick Jagger's.

Then again I could be wrong on all of it. I certainly was not there. [rolleyes]

Exile is good. Sticky is much better IMO. Some of Exile I can't take. Only stupid #9 on The greatest album of all time is the one stinker for me.

Exile is good. Sticky is much better IMO. Some of Exile I can't take. Only stupid #9 on The greatest album of all time is the one stinker for me.

Here in thread-post #100 I'd like to ask the author of #99 why Revolution #9 is stupid.

Very curious.

Archived