Gibson Brands Forums

F-512 is back ..... hmm.

Hall

Just received an email saying the Guild F-512 is in production again now. Knew it was coming, and kinda been waiting around to try one before satisfying a hankering for a 12 string once more. Any thoughts on what we might have here? Looks like it might be August before they hit the stores.

Just received an email saying the Guild F-512 is in production again now. Knew it was coming, and kinda been waiting around to try one before satisfying a hankering for a 12 string once more. Any thoughts on what we might have here? Looks like it might be August before they hit the stores.

I've been jonesing for a 12er and Guild is one of the ones I would be down for.

Do not mean to out and out resurrect one of little interest, but for wiw I see Acoustic Guitar Mag. has an article feature on the new F-512. It's all aglow and I guess such could be expected from the magazine, but it does have fine specs for sure. I thought the reappearance of the F-512 might be noteworthy. Doesn't anyone play a 12 string anymore?

Guild has had more reincarnations than the Eagles. In 1963 they set the standard when it added 12 strings to its catalog. How the new ones sound, I do not have a clue. If anything, the problem for Guild is there are just so many of the old ones out there to be had.

I'm a 12-string guy and have lots also...but don't own a Gibson 12-string (although played my uncle's B25-12 from the '60s for a long time).

Out of them all, including Taylors...Guilds sound best to my ears and I'm not even sure it's that close. Might be John Denver's fault, he made them sound so good. But he was really underrated as a player, and he had that huge F-612. That may have been a custom build, or had to be ordered individually (since there are so few and were not a catalog item).

Archived