Gibson Brands Forums

The quintessential Bird

E-minor7

Nice guitar for sure. Original guard?

That's for sure. Though it was tough really hearing the guitar apart from the pick, but that hold on loosely style showed how the guitar could hang with some of the high intensity playing, like t = 1:23.

'Was able to hear some real nice clarity/ sustain when finger picked, esp during the 6 seconds of d stuff @ t = 2:50- the aging of that guitar provides good evidence to not be thrown off by an ADJ saddle on the golden era birds.

Mister Hall - it is the real guard.

JCV - If serious you should look up the relatively new 1962 Southern Jumbo.

Don't know about the top-braces, but the back-ditto in that release are thin as the old ones were. (did you check the film in the cans or over decent speakers)

All - T-would be something to hear this 63'er with faded steel. In fact on both half and totally burned out stages. There we would have it.

Not as loud, more defined, shining it's precious dry yet splashy vintage true colours (as Lauper would say).

Wonder if there ever comes a day where people dare to rely on the idea that their high-end guitars actually are very good without the 'support' of new strings.

Anyway - if you like first-wave Birds, this is it. Adjustments can be done by the right/left hand and recording-details.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

Couldn't contain myself. That is the whole gibby package right there.

Fantastic demo.

I keep getting drawn to a sound I can’t recapture, and its heartbreaking for me. I have tried twice. With a new standard, and an older model.

Pity.

I think I may wait until my guys get something good in. I’ll bring in some cruddy guitars, free up space, and bite the bullet.

I regretted selling the J50 when I did and got lucky. Not so much with the Vintage Bird.

First world problem to be sure in the scheme of the world right now...

I keep getting drawn to a sound I can't recapture, and its heartbreaking for me. I have tried twice. With a new standard, and an older model.

Pity.

I think I may wait until my guys get something good in. I'll bring in some cruddy guitars, free up space, and bite the bullet.

You have suffered enough, Sal - now what must be must be. .

And be sure the Board and this bard will stay right behind you.

Hey EA - nice to see U fly by

Those Birds are magnetic and Prague shouldn't miss this one.

Ive been enjoying my TV again, quite a bit actually. Not many vids of real good specimen Birds from the 60's overall on the tube I found, your selection was probably the best of the lot.

Archived