Gibson Brands Forums

Wireless system.

LarryUK

I went through the same thing a few months ago here... sought advice.. made a decision. This is the one I ended up with. I've used it a 4 or 5 gigs now. Works perfectly. To change guitars I just move the transmitter. I like the fact that I don't need a backpack on the strap as it fits in the jack. Since I use a pedalboard, the receiver goes into the 1st pedal and I run a cord from the pedalboard to amp.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/U2Blk--xvive-audio-u2-wireless-guitar-system-black

pyo9SO5l.jpg

In testing the Xvive system, I find you can only go about 25’ -30’ before you notice lag when playing. But that is enough for onstage use, for most places.

One neat thing I tried was two of the Xvive systems for a complete wireless FX board and guitar. That was fun!

One last note on the Xvive is that on a top mounted output jack ( like a strat) the transmitter stands out like a bulb on top of the guitar.

I also see that Boss just announced a wireless system. WL20 & WL50

This will be interesting.

There are 3 different versions of the Boss one.

https://www.boss.info/us/products/wl-20_wl-20l/

https://www.boss.info/us/products/wl-50/

The pedal one (WL-50) is £179, has some very good features....latency of no more than 2.3ms.

And...but....there is something called "Cable Tone Simulation" which is a treble cut.

I've never considered a wireless - so far. I don't have to be all analog but....latency?

:-k

Notice they measure latency in milliseconds... I haven't had a problem at all. It feels just like wired playing. If you were on a giant stage away form your receiver you might notice it. Otherwise you won't.

line 6 G30. Reliable, and sounds great.

This, although I'll admit to being a home player only. When the batteries die, they DIE they don't fade. Sound one second, silence the next. That said I've no complaints. Sweetwater rep told me his whole band uses them (okay, five years ago). I haven't tripped over a cable in eons LOL.

When the batteries die, they DIE they don't fade. Sound one second, silence the next.

Yea, the last one I had (X2) was the same.

But if you have a visual on the transmitter, the indicator will tell you you're batt is getting low. which usually it's on a belt behind you

I use rechargeables, so I always have good batteries and they last a good amount too.

I've always wanted a wireless system too. Price was always a concern for me but that xvive system is very affordable. I watched five or six reviews on YouTube last night and they were all very favorable. I think I'm going to give it a shot in the next week or so. Glad I stumbled across this thread!

that should not be hard to find Ron...

No, today is the same as it ever was. That lyric is from a heart breaking song about English Flyers being stranded in the ocean in WWII.

rct

I`ve wanted a wireless system for a while due to the fact I get a bit excited and trip or pull on the cable.

My proper musician friends told me the G30 will do me until we ever decide to embark on a stadium tour.

Ordered one and have two gigs this week and will report back on how it worked out.

G30 works just fine. I am part of the music program at our Catholic Church down the road. HUGE building, I can stand in the back, and the signal still reaches the receiver. which is quite a shot distance wise. It's probably 200 feet from the back wall to where the amp is. Normally I am only 10 feet from my Loudbox.

Used the G30 for the first gig last night, worked brilliant. No more cables to fall over.

During sound check I went right to back of the room which confused our drummer as he could hear a guitar

but couldn`t see who was playing it.

Used the G30 for the first gig last night, worked brilliant. No more cables to fall over.

During sound check I went right to back of the room which confused our drummer as he could hear a guitar

but couldn`t see who was playing it.

you have only begun to explore the possibilities now at your disposal for being totally annoying!!

Archived