Gibson Brands Forums

Really an Upgrade...?

newfiesig

From experience: if a GIBSON guitar doesn't have what I want on it, I will not buy it. Keeping it STOCK is the only way to go for me. Of course, I learned the hard way and changed the P-Up's on a 1979 'SG' I did not think I would ever sell. The P-Up's I put in it in 1995 actually made the Guitar sound MUCH better but it did not matter when I sold 'ANGUS' after having the guitar for 33 years......It was still not worth as much as if I had kept the Dog **** Bill Lawrence Zebra Neck P-Up and Dirty Fingers bridge P-Up in it by about $500........(I could have kept the original P-Up's, but in 1995..... IDK what I know now).

Of course, there are exceptions: a Tremolo that doesn't require holes being drilled and can be taken off and the guitar can be returned to STOCK status in minutes, is one.....as are Tuning Machines that do not require holes being drilled into the Guitar. SO, If it can be un-done with no cosmetic/mechanical changes on the Guitar......

Nope, as is, out of the box,, no mods needed unless you're persnickety about something.

All they need are strap lock pins IMHO.

You really don't even need to swap out anything on most of the new Epis..

I agree. That said, there are Gibsons & Epi's that are much better than others of the same Brands...

Archived