Gibson Brands Forums

You Know What I Really Hate?

Digger

When you are entering details about yourself in a form on the internet and there’s a drop down list for your birthyear, I have to go down forever.......and ever and ever, to find 1946!

Seems like I’m going down into the basement and I end up feeling quite depressed by the exercise!

Old age aint pretty folks!

When you are entering details about yourself in a form on the internet and there’s a drop down list for your birthyear, I have to go down forever.......and ever and ever, to find 1946!

Seems like I’m going down into the basement and I end up feeling quite depressed by the exercise!

Yes Digger but it's better than the alternative!

Ian

When you are entering details about yourself in a form on the internet and there's a drop down list for your birthyear, I have to go down forever.......and ever and ever, to find 1946!

Seems like I'm going down into the basement and I end up feeling quite depressed by the exercise!

Usually the first year offered in the drop down list is the current year. I pick that.

I also resent it when the cashier at the department store wants your phone number.

Pretty soon they'll be wanting my mother's maiden name and political party.

All under the guise of 'marketing'.

Hah ! Marketing Dweebs need to figure out how to do their jobs without compiling personal files on us.

Usually the first year offered in the drop down list is the current year. I pick that.

I also resent it when the cashier at the department store wants your phone number.

Pretty soon they'll be wanting my mother's maiden name and political party.

All under the guise of 'marketing'.

Hah ! Marketing Dweebs need to figure out how to do their jobs without compiling personal files on us.

that's when you say in the creepiest Joe Dirt kinda voice "only if I can have your's baby..."

Right there with you on the '46 thing Dig. I just keep reminding myself of something I heard a few years ago - "Longevity is a gift".

The internet has no respect for seniority. I have to go down to 1954 and thumb arthritis starts to kick in at around 1976. [mad]

The year listings should be reversed on those forms.

Right on Digger, but then I have an iphone and forget that it has the little rolly thing on the screen and I forget that it is there. Then I get frustrated and say to hell with it. When you are asked to add a number or year it shows on the bottom of the phone and I am forever forgetting that you have to scroll it to the number, I had been an android user ,and my youngest son thought I should have an iphone and gave it to me for my birthday last year, and I am still learning how to use it.msp_cursing.gif

The internet has no respect for seniority. I have to go down to 1954 and thumb arthritis starts to kick in at around 1976. [mad]

The year listings should be reversed on those forms.

Sigh....yeah arthritis. Worst in my left thumb and I can’t even squeeze the toothpaste tube with it.

Just as well I have a well developed sense of humour and can laugh at how pathetic I’m becoming as I age.

It ain’t pretty!

Something else that bugs me is when you use a phone or tablet to take a photo and the self-righting feature keeps turning the dam thing upside down afterwards.

Chuckle...you can turn screen rotation off you know.

Sigh....yeah arthritis. Worst in my left thumb and I can’t even squeeze the toothpaste tube with it.

Ah.

Now I understand why you don't play any more.

I wasn't aware of that though you must have mentioned it before?

BTW Dig you're not going to be in Southampton UK on Friday August 17th are you?

Music in the City - the whole place is full of bands playing free all day, we're on in the evening..... [smile]

Archived