Gibson Brands Forums

Probably shouldn't have but I did

Riffster

msp_scared.gif

$56!

I'm a serious cheapskate but I've paid more for a strap than they are asking for the whole package!

I might even have been tempted to shell out the extra $18 for the Tasteful 'Burst....

Looking forward to the NGD thread with Tone Report!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

msp_scared.gif

$56!

I'm a serious cheapskate but I've paid more for a strap than they are asking for the whole package!

I might even have been tempted to shell out the extra $18 for the Tasteful 'Burst....

Looking forward to the NGD thread with Tone Report!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Clearly $57 was asking way too much.

I did a similar thing a few years back. Bought STAGG Strat. actually traded an old Peavy monitor even up for it. I changed it to 2 humbuckers and set it up with heavier strings specifically for slide. I agree with your logic. lol.

Before I followed your link I thought you were paying that for an actual slide!

Years ago I tried taking Lowell George's advice by finding a 'Sears & Roebuck Craftsman 11/16" socket wrench'. I never did find one.

Search for Craftsman which is Sears Roebuck’s brand

Edit didn’t see you already said Craftsman. That is really easy to find in the states if you need help. Not sure if you are looking for a certain vintage

Before I followed your link I thought you were paying that for an actual slide!

That's what I thought too.

For 56 bucks, it would almost be worth it just to see what you get.

But if your going to gut it, put in all new electronics and use it for slide, it may turn out to be the least expensive awesome slide guitar ever.

I just hope the guitar is a good platform for modding, as long as the neck and body have no issues I can fix everything else.

I have seen these guitars in person and they are cheaply made but a new nut, pickup and wiring should make it a lot better.

It will be aweek before I get it, I chose to have it shipped to the closest Walmart store just in case the guitar comes in damaged I can just return it there.

Years ago I tried taking Lowell George's advice by finding a 'Sears & Roebuck Craftsman 11/16" socket wrench'. I never did find one.

Yes me too....I tried using one out of my own socket set, way too heavy.

When I went to USA in 1980 one of the things on my list to get was Coricidin because Duane Allman used a Coricidin bottle for slide.

I duly bought some and used the bottle for many years....sometime later I saw a pic of his SG and the bottle he used - long and thin, completely different to the one I still have right here on my desk now!

As for Lowell, yes I miss his presence too. They say he tuned to E and used heavy compression; I've tried it but there's still something elusive and magical about his playing.

Archived