Gibson Brands Forums

Ladies Can Do It Too!

Digger

Ha that's funny.... I saw her at the weekend.. She was part of a music festival held in London where Roger Hodgson and YES played.. I thought she was a really good player but in all honesty ive heard it all before...

I once did a guitar show and this totally unassuming lady comes up and asked to play one of my guitars.. Man she was good (I took a few seconds of her playing).. Also since then (as I still speak to her) I found out she has been suffering from MS for many years but finds so much joy in playing that she just goes for it

The late Emily Remler, one of the finest jazz guitarists you will ever hear -

Those are heavy-gauge tapewound strings - notice the absolutely impeccable down-stroke technique she displays on the melody.

No-one got closer to Wes's octave playing than she did IMO.

Yes as we all know, female players arnt a new thing even though for what ever reason theres still a slight stigma about it.. I personally have no idea why? I think anyone who holds that attitude is just plain stupid and ignorant... (and I don't normally say those sort of things). Just cos there may be less female players doesn't mean there cant or shouldn't be any.. stuuupid......

It’s funny, I love all shades of Blues and listen incessantly but lately I’m leaning towards female players more than men.

Is their something more compelling about their claim to be blue?

Spotify gives me a great playlist of female Blues that I’m enjoying very much and it’s allowed me to discover a few that I’ve never known about in the past. Broadening my horizons for sure.

Grin....though not sure if that’s PC or just bad taste~

Well female comedians talk about that all the time.. So if im not allowed too thats sexist :) And arnt we all meant to be equal?

Well female comedians talk about that all the time.. So if im not allowed too thats sexist :) And arnt we all meant to be equal?

Chuckle...sure but some of us are more equal than others~

Archived