Gibson Brands Forums

Big spenders!

callen3615

Is anyone tired of all this spending? Or is anyone even paying attention?

Our president is going to spend more than a trillion dollars on a SPENDING bill, not stimulus, and no one even cares?

I just saw an ad on youtube that says, and Im quoting this,

FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY

Obama is giving away more money than ever before to help the American people.

Learn how you can claim FREE government money that NEVER HAS TO BE REPAID!

Obama said in a press conference today, (paraphrasing) His administration would be more responsible with money, a thing that the previous administration wasn't very good at. And that he would not spend money that we dont have.

And he just spent more than a trillion dollars of pork that WE DONT HAVE. My generation, and generations after mine will have to pay this off. And for things like sod, and bee insurance, STD education, what the hell is bee insurance BTW???

Is anyone paying attention to this, or do you even care that this guy is spending all of OUR MONEY?????????

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on now, you and everybody else knows that the 'free gov't money' thing is a scam and just because we're not talking about it here doesn't mean no one is paying attention. I'd prefer not to talk about it here. Lets stick to discussions of important music matters, like who hates Elton John the most.

I'll go first ... I do!

Come on now' date=' you and everybody else knows that the 'free gov't money' thing is a scam and just because we're not talking about it here doesn't mean no one is paying attention. I'd prefer not to talk about it here. Lets stick to discussions of important music matters, like who hates Elton John the most.

I'll go first ... I do![/quote']

Not as much as me!!

Flight959

Is anyone paying attention to this' date=' or do you even care that this guy is spending all of OUR MONEY?????????[/quote']

I care, but I don't care to discuss it here. Feel free to do so (any subject is fair game here) but, just because me and some others don't get in on the political conversations, don't take that for apathy on our part. Personally, I read enough about it in the news and come here to discuss guitars and related subjects and get away from all the political crap. Don't take this the wrong way but, if I'm going to discuss politics, I'd rather do it on a message board based on the subject where people are really into it and up on the topic rather than other musicians who may or may not have informed opinions; likewise, I wouldn't want to discuss guitars with a bunch of armchair pundits either.

George Bushs stimulus bills = stimulus bills

Barack Obama stimulus bills = pork

:-s

Ahh I see?! I think?! Thanks for the big heads up there. Now dont lie to me and say you read the bill. You didnt. Glenn Back, Sean Hannity and/or Rush Limabugh (or some other right wing talker) gave you your talking points. Its simply amazing how having a different letter (R or D) after your name can completely change someones view on a politician.

Thanks again Bush for getting us into Iraq with your lies. Money well spent and you are STILL off the hook for it too. Just astounding. I swear that man isnt capable of having ANYTHING stick to him. I dont know how he does it.

It has become very common for people these days to fall into the trap of the 'right'. I get my information from many varied sources and trust no one single source for all the information necessary to make a point. That is why I say Elton John rocks and your just wrong.

George Bushs stimulus bills = stimulus bills

Barack Obama stimulus bills = pork

:-s

Ahh I see?! I think?! Thanks for the big heads up there. Now dont lie to me and say you read the bill. You didnt. Glenn Back' date=' Sean Hannity and/or Rush Limabugh (or some other right wing talker) gave you your talking points. Its simply amazing how having a different letter (R or D) after your name can completely change someones view on a politician. [/quote']

The Democratic leaders (Pelosi, Reid and Obama) and their staffs read the bill, they wrote it with no help from the republicans other than Snow, Collins and Spector who are RINOs. Collins and Snow are two of the millionaires in the senate where at least 40 of the 100 senators are already multimillionaires and are largely unaffected by income taxes.

Bush's stimulus bill was written by a bipartisan mixture of both parties. When Bushes bill was written, the senate was majority democrat, but not a filibuster proof majority. The 2009 is a filibuster proof dem majority with a democrat president. Whatever your take on the two parties, this bill sucks! Less than 1/3 of the spending is scheduled for infrastructure projects and most of those projects that are scheduled are in the large democtraticly controlled states and cities.

The facts are out there my friend! Think about these FACTS, for the past 25 years, the federal government has lost more than $10billion per year on average, through waste, fraud and abuse. These are figures from the US Government GAO website. Now we are going to give those same incompetent beaurocrats almost $1trillion in a single serving. How much money do you think will trickle down/out to the American citizens? For every $1 that we give the US Government we get back between 17-27 cents in services, the rest is spent on the overhead of the beaurocracy and waste, fraud and outright theft. Government is the LEAST cost effective way to spend money.

Who do you think will benefit from this "stimulus" package?

With all the belly aching I hear from the right I sure haven't heard any Ideas on solutions.

By the way I'm a Non Republicrat.

Oh I know Legalize Pot the taxes on it would fix the deficit the crime rate would go down and people wouldn't have to go to prison for smoking pot. That would save all kind of money thats spent to house them in the big house.

Here's a solution, stop reaching into my pocket to pay for other people's mistakes. We are a capitalist society...a free market. Let the market work....get government out of the way. Write simple, common sense laws to protect the investors and consumers and then hire competent, honest regulators and make them do their job. Stop all of the social engineering and let the people free. A free people full of hope and a sense of certainty can stimulate the economy better than the federal government. The top 5% of income earners in the US, pay 95% OF ALL INCOME TAXES. That SUCKS!

The Democratic leaders (Pelosi' date=' Reid and Obama) and their staffs read the bill, they wrote it with no help from the republicans other than Snow, Collins and Spector who are RINOs. Collins and Snow are two of the millionaires in the senate where at least 40 of the 100 senators are already multimillionaires and are largely unaffected by income taxes.

Bush's stimulus bill was written by a bipartisan mixture of both parties. When Bushes bill was written, the senate was majority democrat, but not a filibuster proof majority. The 2009 is a filibuster proof dem majority with a democrat president. Whatever your take on the two parties, this bill sucks! Less than 1/3 of the spending is scheduled for infrastructure projects and most of those projects that are scheduled are in the large democtraticly controlled states and cities.

The facts are out there my friend! Think about these FACTS, for the past 25 years, the federal government has lost more than $10billion per year on average, through waste, fraud and abuse. These are figures from the US Government GAO website. Now we are going to give those same incompetent beaurocrats almost $1trillion in a single serving. How much money do you think will trickle down/out to the American citizens? For every $1 that we give the US Government we get back between 17-27 cents in services, the rest is spent on the overhead of the beaurocracy and waste, fraud and outright theft. Government is the LEAST cost effective way to spend money.

Who do you think will benefit from this "stimulus" package?[/quote']

"Facts are", did you really say "facts are". You wouldn't know a fact if it fell out of the sky and landed on your brainwashed head.

That's all I've got. I'm not really interested in the debate. It's already approved, signed into law. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I know it was petty of me to just hurl an insult and run. I'm not in the mood for debating the Rush Limbaugh talking points today.

Archived