Gibson Brands Forums

Big spenders!

callen3615

Here's a solution' date=' stop reaching into my pocket to pay for other people's mistakes. We are a capitalist society...a free market. Let the market work....get government out of the way. Write simple, common sense laws to protect the investors and consumers and then hire competent, honest regulators and make them do their job. Stop all of the social engineering and let the people free. A free people full of hope and a sense of certainty can stimulate the economy better than the federal government. The top 5% of income earners in the US, pay 95% OF ALL INCOME TAXES. That SUCKS![/quote']

I'm not sure It'll work but at least it's not just the typical (see below) response I hear

CNN2009012336681_PV.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey The Mick,

Do you think that the Dems wanted W to succeed? They were against him from the moment he stepped into the white house. Both parties want the other to fail, so that they won't get reelected. There's nothing new in what Limbaugh is saying, it's just that the talking points against obama are coming from Talk radio instead of NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBS, NYT, Washington Times, Seattle Intelligencer, or any of the other large newspapers. W had all of the media and the dems against him from day one. Obama only has Rush, Hannity and a few others talking against him.

Hey The Mick' date='

Do you think that the Dems wanted W to succeed? They were against him from the moment he stepped into the white house. Both parties want the other to fail, so that they won't get reelected. There's nothing new in what Limbaugh is saying, it's just that the talking points against obama are coming from Talk radio instead of NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBS, NYT, Washington Times, Seattle Intelligencer, or any of the other large newspapers. W had all of the media and the dems against him from day one. Obama only has Rush, Hannity and a few others talking against him. [/quote']

The worst part of this statement is that I actually think you believe that. That scares me more then the content of all your posts.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

William Shakespeare

Homez' date=' it's hard to have a conversation with you and a lot of other "progressives" because you don't argue or contest facts, you don't put up any facts to back up what you state. Please explain what is factually incorrect in my statement. Make a real argument if you can.[/quote']

What's the point. The bill is now law. We'll wait and see.

BTW I believe in the Constitution. I swore an oath to defend it. The rest is all color commentary.

Obama only has Rush' date=' Hannity and a few others talking against him. [/quote']

This part is wrong. Even the liberal media talks against him on many issues as well that they don't like. Unlike the conservative media who wouldn't say anything bad about W no matter what.

And yes the Dem's wanted W to fail but not at the cost of the country.

My opinion is that I would rather see someone try to do something than do nothing at all as most con's have been saying.

Conservatives all hate America and should all move to France. My apologies to France.

How's that KSG? You've been saying that to liberals for years. I just thought I'd return the sentiment.

Liberals want america to be france. I dont get it really. Whats good about taking money from people who work for it and giving it to people who sit on their asses all day????

Homz, you really don't like facts do you? Well, since you are all about the emotion and hyperbole, here is some opinion for you, words from a great man... that make sence to me.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. From time to time we've been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. Well, if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else? All of us together, in and out of government, must bear the burden.

Freedom is the right to question and change the established way of doing things. It is the continuous revolution of the marketplace. It is the understanding that allows to recognize shortcomings and seek solutions.

I hope we once again have reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts.

"We the people" tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us. "We the people" are the driver, the government is the car. And we decide where it should go, and by what route, and how fast. Almost all the world's constitutions are documents in which governments tell the people what their privileges are. Our Constitution is a document in which "We the people" tell the government what it is allowed to do. "We the people" are free.

With all the belly aching I hear from the right I sure haven't heard any Ideas on solutions.

By the way I'm a Non Republicrat.

Oh I know Legalize Pot the taxes on it would fix the deficit the crime rate would go down and people wouldn't have to go to prison for smoking pot. That would save all kind of money thats spent to house them in the big house.

I'm not right or left.

I do know this:

1. You can not expect to spend your way out of debt. Has it ever worked for you?

2. We've just saddled our children with a tax burden we can't begin to fix.

3. Raising taxes on American Companies will stifle economic growth and cause massive layoffs and outsourcing.

4. A government that mandates making high risk home loans to people who can't afford a house in the first place is one of the root causes of this problem. We've all seen it. How the hell can that field working family of five own that house and drive around in a Cadillac Escalade?

5. There's more pet projects for Senators and Representatives in that bill than I care to discuss.

6. Secretary Clinton's recent trip to China was to "Beg" them to continue to finance our debt. They told us. "We don't like you. How can you expect to us to continue to buy up your treasury securities when the dollar has tanked," I'm paraphrasing here.

7. Get ready for Meximericanada. With the continued destabilization of our economy, it won't be long before we see a new regional country with the Amero as it's new currency.

8. Disenfranchisement is growing everyday. And it's not about voters who didn't get to vote. It's about a real deep, seething distrust and lack of confidence of our government.

9. The Mick might have something there.:-({|=

Liberals want america to be france. I dont get it really. Whats good about taking money from people who work for it and giving it to people who sit on their asses all day????

You presume much. Do you really think the 400' date='000 people who lost their jobs in Michigan recently were just waiting for a chance to sit on their buts and collect unemployment. That's a sad commentary on your fellow American. Why don't you rightys say what your really thinking. You know the stuff you say when your watching Faux News and you see the lines of people standing in line for the welfare checks.

Most of us already know what your saying. If you had the guts you'd just say it. Tell us what comes out of your mouth when your watching the news and you see a small riot over food scraps in Miami or East L.A. or South Chicago. Come on self righteous moral Americans.

I'm only one or two generations out of redneck and I know what your thinking and saying. You just don't have the guts to say it here.

[i']Now go ahead and profess ignorance of my point. That's what your about to do.[/i]

I'm not right or left.

I do know this:

1. You can not expect to spend your way out of debt. Has it ever worked for you?

2. We've just saddled our children with a tax burden we can't begin to fix.

3. Raising taxes on American Companies will stifle economic growth and cause massive layoffs and outsourcing.

4. A government that mandates making high risk home loans to people who can't afford a house in the first place is one of the root causes of this problem. We've all seen it. How the hell can that field working family of five own that house and drive around in a Cadillac Escalade?

5. There's more pet projects for Senators and Representatives in that bill than I care to discuss.

6. Secretary Clinton's recent trip to China was to "Beg" them to continue to finance our debt. They told us. "We don't like you. How can you expect to us to continue to buy up your treasury securities when the dollar has tanked' date='" I'm paraphrasing here.

7. Get ready for Meximericanada. With the continued destabilization of our economy, it won't be long before we see a new regional country with the Amero as it's new currency.

8. Disenfranchisement is growing everyday. And it's not about voters who didn't get to vote. It's about a real deep, seething distrust and lack of confidence of our government.

9. The Mick might have something there.:-k [/quote']

=D> Bravo on everything except 9.

This part is wrong. Even the liberal media talks against him on many issues as well that they don't like. Unlike the conservative media who wouldn't say anything bad about W no matter what.

And yes the Dem's wanted W to fail but not at the cost of the country.

My opinion is that I would rather see someone try to do something than do nothing at all as most con's have been saying.

Check the web (use Google it's easy) there are lots of websites some are even "non" partison that have examined both hard news broadcasts and opinion shows to see what percentage of stuff is reported negatively against each party. The consensus, from any open minded individual willing to do a little research seems to me anyway, would show that the press has been biased against conservatives and towards liberal points of view since Nixon was president. Count the number of "conservative" hard news broadcasters vs the number of "liberal" hard news broadcasters (their votes, political contributions and quotes are available on the web) and see what you find. Count the newspapers and their ownership, poltical contributions and political support (also available via the web) and see what you find. The conservative movement has a very few hard news reporters/anchors, an even fewer number of newspaper editors, owners and columnists. The conservative movement dominates talk radio, which is paid for by advertisors, in other words the market is paying for Rush and his buddies.

My opinion is "to do something rather than nothing" can be worse than doing nothing, if the something is stupid, collosally expensive and flat out wrong. Most conservative politicians do not favor doing nothing, they just have different ideas on what to do than do Pelosi, Reid and Obama. I trust a free people more than I do a government bought and paid for by special interests.

You presume much. Do you really think the 400' date='000 people who lost their jobs in Michigan recently were just waiting for a chance to sit on their buts and collect unemployment. That's a sad commentary on your fellow American. Why don't you rightys say what your really thinking. You know the stuff you say when your watching Faux News and you see the lines of people standing in line for the welfare checks.

Most of us already know what your saying. If you had the guts you'd just say it. Tell us what comes out of your mouth when your watching the news and you see a small riot over food scraps in Miami or East L.A. or South Chicago. Come on self righteous moral Americans.

I'm only one or two generations out of redneck and I know what your thinking and saying. You just don't have the guts to say it here.

[i']Now go ahead and profess ignorance of my point. That's what your about to do.[/i]

Bud, Im working my way through college. I'm learning a trade that should be around in the next 40 years. If I lose my job tomorrow I wont wait on the government to fix it. Im gonna go get another one. Or get more education so I can get a better job.

Bud' date=' Im working my way through college. I'm learning a trade that should be around in the next 40 years. If I lose my job tomorrow I wont wait on the government to fix it. Im gonna go get another one. Or get more education so I can get a better job. [/quote']

Well Bud, if you didn't have a support mechanism and needed assistance to feed your self or your family you'd do it too. Or you'd starve.

What if your student loans dried up or your family didn't have the money to keep you in school. On top of that you couldn't find a job to pay for your school. There are millions in that bag right now. Don't tell me you wouldn't use the resources the government is making available to you.

Wow!=D>

I'm not a redneck, and none of my family is or has been, so I don't know what your talking about. But you are off on the hyperbole and emotion again. Try facts to get your point across, it makes the argument more enlightening for you and your adversary. Take a look at this article, it's pretty short, so you should be able to get through it. You may not like it, because it's based on facts. But try to read it. The information comes from the Government websites and government sources...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119724619828518802.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Well Bud' date=' if you didn't have a support mechanism and needed assistance to feed your self or your family you'd do it too. Or you'd starve.

What if your student loans dried up or your family didn't have the money to keep you in school. On top of that you couldn't find a job to pay for your school. There are millions in that bag right now. Don't tell me you wouldn't use the resources the government is making available to you. [/quote']

Homz, speaking for myself, I worked my way through college. Never took a student loan, my parents didn't pay for it, I did. I have never asked my neighbor for a hand out, I've never been on government assistance and I pray that I never need that help. There is nothing wrong with getting some help occasionally, but to demand or expect that the government (your neighbors tax dollars) should help you, is UNAMERICAN. If you can't get a loan for college, then you can always work for it. I'm not alone in the fact that I've worked for what I have. The majority of people have or we wouldn't have any taxes to bail out those who want help.

Well Bud' date=' if you didn't have a support mechanism and needed assistance to feed your self or your family you'd do it too. Or you'd starve.

What if your student loans dried up or your family didn't have the money to keep you in school. On top of that you couldn't find a job to pay for your school. There are millions in that bag right now. Don't tell me you wouldn't use the resources the government is making available to you. [/quote']

Other people should have to pay for my mistakes.

Homz' date=' speaking for myself, I worked my way through college. Never took a student loan, my parents didn't pay for it, I did. I have never asked my neighbor for a hand out, I've never been on government assistance and I pray that I never need that help. There is nothing wrong with getting some help [u']occasionally[/u], but to demand or expect that the government (your neighbors tax dollars) should help you, is UNAMERICAN. If you can't get a loan for college, then you can always work for it. I'm not alone in the fact that I've worked for what I have. The majority of people have or we wouldn't have any taxes to bail out those who want help.

"the times they are a-changing". I did too. It's not as likely these days. Nearly all of my early jobs are now being done by illegal immigrants. The 'right' wants cheap labor to destroy the unions and the 'left' are to damn sensitive to properly enforce existing labor laws. That is to arrest those that hire the illegals and to expel those that are illegal.

On this I presume we agree.

Homz' date=' speaking for myself, I worked my way through college. Never took a student loan, my parents didn't pay for it, I did. I have never asked my neighbor for a hand out, I've never been on government assistance and I pray that I never need that help. There is nothing wrong with getting some help [u']occasionally[/u], but to demand or expect that the government (your neighbors tax dollars) should help you, is UNAMERICAN. If you can't get a loan for college, then you can always work for it. I'm not alone in the fact that I've worked for what I have. The majority of people have or we wouldn't have any taxes to bail out those who want help.

+10000

I have a bond saved up over the last 15 years for my college. My parents aren't contributing at all.

Archived