Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgumbino

NGD: 2018 Gibson J45 Vintage

If you name your guitars - I suggest "Sweet Cheeks" as a one-of-a-kind name for a one-of-a-kind guitar!

As long as you’re sure what you’re seeing

Could be sweet cheeks

Could be Dolly ?

Congratulations on your replacement guitar. I read your thread when I first started perusing the Acoustic section of the forum. Quite an ordeal you went through. I'm glad you were able to get this resolved, and resolved well.

Hall spoke of the torrefied top opening up already. My HB is not torrefied, but I do have a different brand (Taylor 614CE) that is. Three years old now and it has given me "wow" moments seemingly every quarter. I am a fan of the baked top.

Could be sweet cheeks

Could be Dolly ?

Now that you've pointed it out, I'm going with sweet cheeks. But I can see Dolly, too.

LOL!

What a treasure - definitely worth the crooked rainbow journey behind.

Really like the burst and overall appearance - authentic - warm - inviting. And the case of course frames the art perfectos.

If there was ever a group guitars that should be heard on this Board, your J-45 is in the center of it. Don't hesitate to send sounds.

Now if I can figure out how to add a Hummingbird Vintage to the stable, I'll be an incredibly blessed and happy individual.

"Roger" - always good to continue the dreaming and you would never regret a pair like that.

But first things first - now is the time for slope shouldered bliss. Tell and show us more as the components break in together.

Edited by E-minor7

If you name your guitars - I suggest "Sweet Cheeks" as a one-of-a-kind name for a one-of-a-kind guitar!

Could be sweet cheeks

Could be Dolly ?

Now that you've pointed it out, I'm going with sweet cheeks. But I can see Dolly, too.

LOL!

Oh my. That's hilarious. I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. I'm not a namer, but "Sweet Cheeks" works. [lol]

Congratulations on your replacement guitar. I read your thread when I first started perusing the Acoustic section of the forum. Quite an ordeal you went through. I'm glad you were able to get this resolved, and resolved well.

Hall spoke of the torrefied top opening up already. My HB is not torrefied, but I do have a different brand (Taylor 614CE) that is. Three years old now and it has given me "wow" moments seemingly every quarter. I am a fan of the baked top.

Thanks! Glad to hear the baked top keeps changing with time. I can't wait to experience it in 5 or 10 years.

What a treasure - definitely worth the cooked rainbow journey behind.

Really like the burst and overall appearance - authentic - warm - inviting. And the case of course frames the art perfectos.

If there was ever a group guitars that should be heard on this Board, your J-45 is in the center of it. Don't hesitate to send sounds.

[/size]

"Roger" - always good to continue the dreaming and you would never regret a pair like that.

But first things first - now is the time for slope shouldered bliss. Tell and show us more as the components break in together.

I'm just a hack, so I most definitely don't do it justice. I'll try to record something to share.

You make a great point. It's time be content and grateful for the guitar at hand. We're still in the honeymoon phase. Next comes learning each others quirks and how we can use those to complement each other.

thegreatgumbino! Great news! I'm so glad it worked out for you in the end, and KUDOS to Gibson for taking care of you!

I hope your new J45 Vintage brings you years of musical joy! There's just something special about the J45 and all its iterations. I can't wait to see our J45's age in the next few to many years down the road.

Gibson and they're acoustic workshop in Bozeman are to be commended for making such wonderful guitars.

Edited by jjrpilot

Could be sweet cheeks

Could be Dolly ?

Can’t be Dolly. Not a Super Jumbo.

Edited by fortyearspickn