Gibson Brands Forums

What is the best sounding best playing Acoustic you have played?

allanj

It'd be a toss up between Shrimer's SJ200 koa or this J45 rosewood that was in Guitarworks a few months back. If you could hear the deepest darkest richest chocolate, that's what it would sound like. I actually wore the battery down on my old calculator trying to figure out how to get that one off the shelf and into my house.

My '64 SJ is without a doubt the best playing guitar I have ever touched.

My '81 Martin M-38 is one of the best sounding, if not the best (sorry!)

My Seagull S-6 cedar is the best bang for the buck (sound and action versus price).

There was a blonde J185 at Music Villa that almost drove me to tears but I hadn't planned on making a buy so it stayed there.

Well the only high end guitar I have, Oct 08 build date, the J-185 EC maple back and sides, sitka spruce top. Pretty sweet. And I have to admit I like just putting my nose near the soundhole and smelling the maple. Is that weird?

i hate to say it but my retopped hole plugged ex Martin D28E that has now been retopped and braced to 1937 specs with brazilian rosewood back and sides. Kevin Kopp did the work when he was at the gibson custom shop. It is now essentially a 1937 authentic(without hide glue)the Martin D28 E was martins horrible attempt at an acoustic electric.

Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500M. They sound amazing and they're cheap. Check it out if you can.

I have one too. I love mine' date=' & I'm blown away by the tone. It's truly a cannon!

Bu,,,,,,,,,,,,,t I gota say, the best I ever played was an Advanced Jumbo (Gibson)

Any year, all the ones I've played were the best.

default_eusa_wall.gif

My '81 Martin M-38 is one of the best sounding' date=' if not the best (sorry!)[/quote']

I know the feeling. I have an M-36. It's amazingly good across all sorts of music. You can fingerpick it to death, bang on it or whatever - it sounds great no matter what.

My brother has a 66 SJ that he's had since it was new. Fabulous guitar.

It'd be a toss up between Shrimer's SJ200 koa or this J45 rosewood that was in Guitarworks a few months back. If you could hear the deepest darkest richest chocolate' date=' that's what it would sound like. I actually wore the battery down on my old calculator trying to figure out how to get that one off the shelf and into my house.[/quote']

You obviously don't have the right calculator Karen.

Next time, borrow mine:

guitarcalc.png

My personal Favorite is my J-45 TV. She maybe the sweetest guitar I have ever owned.

When I was 14 (some 27+ years ago) my best friend's dad had a Guild D-55. I thought that was the best guitar in the world. I wasn't even interested in playing the guitar at the time but he showed me how to play a G and a D chord. It sent chills down my spine when I played them on that guitar. Maybe the memories of my youth are clouded but to this day, I have never come across a D-55 that sounds as good as that one did.

This one.... my first "New" guitar purchase ever... a 1993 Taylor 612C. I have played dozens of guitars over the last 15 years that I have owned this and none could replace it. It pretty much plays itself.

My Gibson AJ is most certainly my #2 great find, but the place this small body Sitka/Maple Taylor has in my heart can never be replaced. But it sure does look nice next to the Gibby!

PICT3385.jpg

PICT3386.jpg

SideBySide.jpg

Archived