Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
anzbert

32bit not much longer supported on MacOS - 64bit version Standalone/VST?

32bit application won't be supported for too much longer under MacOS and 32bit VSTs can also hardly be used anymore, since most Hosts are now just updating their 64bit version of their DAWs to the latest version (eg. Live10). Some thirdparty VSTs are only releasing 64bit plugins as well these days, which don't work in a 32bit host, such as Deckadance2.

I am a bit reluctant to buy Deckadance2 when there is no news about upcoming 64bit support for the standalone version and the VST. Can someone shed a little light on this issue? I otherwise really like the software, especially the great DVS support, the scripting system and VST support as host and especially as plugin in other DAWs.

There will be a 64bit version, but I can't give any date for it yet.

with the major operating systems dropping 32 bit support we need a 64 bit version sooner as oppose to later.

live and Digital Performer both support only 64 bit plugins at this point and it's been several years since the 64 bit architecture became standard, any idea when we will get a 64 bit DD?