Gibson Brands Forums

Who has a back fence?

BluesKing777

You know, I wasn't going to mention this....but I like a nice fence all around since the day I woke up to find....err...guitars growing or appearing in my garden overnight!

I would hear some strange noises and in the morning....there's a.......a guitar! True! [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Now that's a useful green thumb! You've got to put some fertilizer out there, and see if you end up with a double bass.

You know, I wasn't going to mention this....but I like a nice fence all around since the day I woke up to find....err...guitars growing or appearing in my garden overnight!

Just be sure that you don't see one of these appear in your garden over night. If you do, when you wake up the next morning your guitar will look exactly the same but it will have a dull, uninteresting sound completely devoid of all emotion.

3910a.jpg

GN6R3Coh.jpg

Everyone of those little green ‘pods’ is another Gibson! But a little un- Gibbo like....ahem...all exact same tone and setup...ahem.

(I must admit 1956 ‘Invasion of the BS’ was watched last weekend - Fox Classic Movies ran that plus the 1952 ‘War Of The Worlds’ and we were glued to them!)

Only the brave would fertilise them, Billroy!

BluesKing777.

Everyone of those little green 'pods' is another Gibson! But a little un- Gibbo like....ahem...all exact same tone and setup...ahem.

(I must admit 1956 'Invasion of the BS' was watched last weekend - Fox Classic Movies ran that plus the 1952 'War Of The Worlds' and we were glued to them!)

Only the brave would fertilise them, Billroy!

BluesKing777.

Can you send me some of those seeds please? I'd like to try growing a few of those!

What an amazing theater! This would be the ultimate *come on over and jam* spotmsp_thumbup.gifstage2018.jpg

It does look great!

At present, the empty seats in the audience reminds me of a band I played in.....probably only need a couple for the wags. I can also imagine a stage play being interupted when someone yelled: ‘Bear!’ [mellow]

BluesKing777.

The deer are welcome in my yard - and there are a lot of them. The more deer, the less I have to mow. :)

deer.jpg

Also lots of wild turkeys and other fauna.

turkey.jpg

I built a little pretend theater for my granddaughter out in the woods, a few minutes from the house down a narrow winding trail. We had a lot of fun doing a "family show" and video shoot there last summer, and will do a more ambitious one this summer. My daughter majored in Musical Theatre, son in law is a musician/actor and my 8 year old granddaughter just starred in "Annie". So I think of this as a "playground" for my musical family!

Also a fun place to practice guitar all by myself. :)

stage2018.jpg

Love that pic. That is super. Lots of memories made there too. [thumbup] [thumbup]

I have a Wheaten Terrier that will chase anything so a fence is required.

C4FAC108-BE47-45EB-A4F1-D8E5BCD57983_zpshxom6uj4.jpg

That fence looks very nice but wouldn’t stop any of the dogs I have had over the years!

Yep, fences to keep people out ........and the dogs IN!

Though I did have a bass player friend many, many years ago that had 2 cattle dogs, a fence all around...but no gate! And his dogs would not go past the dotted line of the imaginary gate. But generally, no, the dog is gone, gone, gone. (Years ago, I had a lab x that dedicated its life to getting out and helping the people 3 streets away eat their Sunday lunch! I only found out because a kid saw me walking him one day and said the dog often visited his house on Sunday...... “Really?” Only way out was a locked gate and.....a 6 ft drop for a stormwater pipe to go under the road) :mellow:

BluesKing777.

Boyd... just wow.

That garden stage...

A few years ago I watched my middle son perform Shakespeare in the Arb in Ann Arbor Michigan. Thanks for bringing that pleasant memory back to me. And also good on you for having a family devoted to creating, and the arts.

I live in a terraced house in a street near the centre of an old town in South Yorkshire. My garden-yard is about 13ft by 13ft. It's big enough to seat 6 people round a table. It's my garden room, surrounded on one side by the house and on three sides with green hedges of various plants. It's a sun trap, faces south west, and my cousin refers to it as the enchanted garden. When sitting in it you could imagine yourself to be in Italy or France or Spain. I'm away from home until tomorrow so cannot post any pictures, but I will, promise.

Thanks for all the nice comments, especially glad that it brought back some happy memories Sal. It's not a "garden stage" though, it is surrounded by the forest and takes two or three minutes to walk there from the house, with the only access via a narrow foot trail. Had to use a wheelbarrow or hand carry all the building supplies there. I felt it needed to be some distance from the house to make it a "destination". And I have no intention of ever filling those seats, having it all to yourself with a small group of people is part of the magic! :)

[quote name='Boyd'

stage2018.jpg

That's one of the most wonderful things I've seen. I really admire your reasons for wanting to build it, and the skill, tenacity, and sheer hard work it must have took to make it a reality. I hope it creates magical experiences and long remembered fond memories for your family.

Red 333

That's all that parkour stuff. I was thinking of getting into it, then I remembered I don't bounce like I used to :)

I remember my first trip to California (where I've now lived for many years), flying into LA, on the approach to the airport when we were low enough to be looking down into backyards I noticed that all the yards were fenced. I had not seen that before growing up in small towns back east (WV and TN).

Archived