Gibson Brands Forums

Best reverb pedal (from options)?

newfiesig

The best way to "reverb shop" is to go to a store and try out various pedals for yourself. We all hear things differently.

Just because 20 members at this forum think one pedal is better, doesn't necessarily mean you will agree.

Totally agree that personal preference plays a role. I’m looking for anecdotal evidence of why you would like one over the other. If everyone said, for example, that the HOF algorithm sounded really digital whereas the MXR sounded more organic, then I would tend towards the MRX vice the TC.

I like to use a light amount of reverb that is built into my amps, Fenders Rolands Marshalls etc. Using multiple amps at the same time.. I have simplified my pedals down to a Tech 21 RK5 and a Vox Wah. Reducing multiple pedals and patch cables to decrease noise.

oh... I use 6 Roland Micro Cubes mostly for playing in off grid areas, Fender Deluxe 900, Marshal AVT 150H 2X12, Fender 100 1/2 Stack, Ampeg 120 1/2 Stack, I just donated my Marshall AVT full Stack to some kids.

I have none of those, but I have reverb on my DeVille and Blues Jr. Never use them cause they sound like a-ss.

ha! ..

could be why he's asking! :)

Holy Grail is really a good sounding one. the plate and hall settings are pissah.

Archived