Gibson Brands Forums

Slash Afd LP

LesPaulPlease

So, I'm just curious, is it possible to order a custom shop les paul afd like they did in 2010?

Yes I think it is called Made To Measure and you have to go to an authorized Gibson dealer to place the order. You just don't ring up Gibson and place an order like a pepperoni pizza.

Yes I think it is called Made To Measure and you have to go to an authorized Gibson dealer to place the order. You just don't ring up Gibson and place an order like a pepperoni pizza.

Thanks! Do you know how much something like this would cost? I know gibson likes to ask for as much money as possible which is often times too much money for what ya get..

Made To Measure prices are surprisingly reasonable, as long as it's not something really exotic. I'm not sure what may be special about that specific guitar, but if you want something like R9 with custom pickups in that color burst you'd probably pay about that same as a regular R9, maybe just a little more. If you want special wiring, or a specific top, etc, etc then it will go up from there.

Archived