Gibson Brands Forums

Full 2019 Gibson line up (and new case design)

Rabs

Wheres RCT at :D

Full details here... I shall post some pics though

https://thehub.musiciansfriend.com/bits/gibson-2019-electric-guitars-previewed-at-summer-namm-19

And a vid has just popped up

Gibson Les Paul Classic 2019

6TOr9ra.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Studio 2019 (notice the neck binding)

Mhb5Kwg.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Studio Tribute 2019

MScXaGR.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Junior Tribute DC 2019

wY4iIC9.jpg

Gibson SG High Performance 2019

RtGYlnt.jpg

Gibson SG Standard '61 2019 (wheres the Horn/Taper Police? :) )

ziBikuB.jpg

Gibson Firebird Tribute 2019 (me likey)

Z6Ni9qm.jpg

Gibson ES-275 Thinline 2019

38wjWeK.jpg

Gibson ES-335 Figured 2019

6JsTyc6.jpg

Gibson ES-235 2019

i5IsTQ1.jpg

Haha, You beat me to it Rabs. I had just copied this link and was headed to the lounge to post it.

I like the flying v alot. I'm probably gonna snag one of those. I'm very interested in finding out more about the Les Paul Jr. Tribute. If the price is right that could be an intriguing buy. That ES-275 Thinline is amazing. I would love for them to send me one of those!😆

They are offering a traditional for 2019. You have to go to the link to see it. It will be offered in cherry sunburst and tobacco burst. Non-weight relieved body.

Yes the link has more. Its probably what people want, some LP's, SG,s, FB's, ES's, Explorer's, a DC, and a V. I'm set on my electrics. What color acoustic guitar's are we going to get this year. The Neon Green and Pink J-45's were a hit. They must have most of them sitting around colleting dust. I have never seen a Neon Green J-45 NGD on this forum.

I watched the NAMM video. I just don't know what to say. I just wish I could be a fly on the wall inside these guy's heads at Gibson USA.

Gibson Board Member A: Iceberg off the port bow!

Gibson Board Member B: Say that in the lowest voice possible!

Gibson Board Member C (in low voice): How low can you go? Iceberg off the port bow! Badda Book Badda Boom!

(Fist bumps all around)

Gibson Board Member D: Lunch!

I watched the NAMM video. I just don't know what to say. I just wish I could be a fly on the wall inside these guy's heads at Gibson USA.

Gibson Board Member A: Iceberg off the port bow!

Gibson Board Member B: Say that in the lowest voice possible!

Gibson Board Member C (in low voice): How low can you go? Iceberg off the port bow! Badda Book Badda Boom!

(Fist bumps all around)

Gibson Board Member D: Lunch!

Come on they added binding to the LP Studio. What else do you want?

All nice guitars, all good stuff. I like the Firebird.

Their filing includes I think two case companies they owe a few hunndert thou to. No surprise they've gone elsewhere for cases.

rct

ES-235?

:-k ........a smart-looking ES-125 with a stop tailpiece?

Must give Gibson credit for getting as much as they have out of the shallow-body, single-cutaway F-hole guitar.

B)

That can't be there entire lineup can't it?

Nah. They'll introduce more models as the year progresses...

Hopefully, nothing I'll want. I can't buy anymore guitars! I mean, I can... but I shouldn't.... so, I won't… unless, of course I have to…

[laugh]

All nice guitars, all good stuff. I like the Firebird.

Their filing includes I think two case companies they owe a few hunndert thou to. No surprise they've gone elsewhere for cases.

rct

Hey rct - did their filing mention stienberger? I'm curious because this is the second year in a row where the firebird model will have grovers instead of stienberger tuners. Could also be cost related too though.

Hey rct - did their filing mention stienberger? I'm curious because this is the second year in a row where the firebird model will have grovers instead of stienberger tuners. Could also be cost related too though.

I will look on Monday, it is on my desk. I don't remember that name, but they may be under some other company name. I'll look.

rct

How can they make the LP Jr. DC with such an ugly pickguard ?!

Years of experience guide the choice. LP DC players flail around with circular strumming. Its well known.

The Trog blog vid that Rabs posted: He complained that the 2018 ali case gets knocked about and dent! Thats exactly what they are there for. Maybe he should buy a big gigbag to put the case in.

Archived