Gibson Brands Forums

Full 2019 Gibson line up (and new case design)

Rabs

2019 '61 SG Standard...just look at those deep, and wide bevels! NOW we're talkin'! [thumbup][biggrin]

Can't see the horn tapers, all that well, in that photo, but I'm sure they're what

they should be! [biggrin] ABR bridge and looks to be the correct headstock shape

and size, as well! [thumbup]

CB

Hey rct - did their filing mention stienberger? I'm curious because this is the second year in a row where the firebird model will have grovers instead of stienberger tuners. Could also be cost related too though.

I will look on Monday, it is on my desk. I don't remember that name, but they may be under some other company name. I'll look.

rct

Steinberger is owned by Gibson. Grover is #10 of 30 Largest Creditors and Are Not Insiders. $367,639 is their unsecured claim.

Steinberger is owned by Gibson. Grover is #10 of 30 Largest Creditors and Are Not Insiders. $367,639 is their unsecured claim.

Ahha, well that's interesting. I wonder why they have been using grovers on the firebirds for the last few years.

Thanks for looking into that for me.

Beerad

Grover is #10 of 30 Largest Creditors and Are Not Insiders. $367,639 is their unsecured claim.

are you saying gibby owes money to grover? i hope they work things out. i like the grovers better than the klusens, but it's only preference. it's not like i've found some fault with them.

are you saying gibby owes money to grover? i hope they work things out. i like the grovers better than the klusens, but it's only preference. it's not like i've found some fault with them.

And just about every case, parts, strings, and other guitar manufacturer you can think of.

rct

I wonder if Henry's partner pays for lunch every day.

lolz

Between the two of them, one of their spouses or kids can buy everyone lunch every day, via their Gibson Guitar financed Trust Funds. That's what I've been paying for, and that's why I traded mine. It was so important, they needed language to continue those trusts through bankruptcy.

But we need to band together and "support" them. lolz again.

rct

If that one is released in a Dark Sunburst finish then I'm probably going to be in serious trouble with the wife............

Pip.

Yes I like that design too... I even quite like it in black which is unusual for me :)

The Trog blog vid......He complained that the 2018 ali case gets knocked about and dent! Thats exactly what they are there for....

I also thought that was a pretty odd remark. Eh?

eusa_eh.gif

I like the new case, though. VERY sleek.

Pip.

So it will be available in Sunburst finish. Oh Dear...

Interesting to note that (around the 14:20 mark) they were talking about how 100 or so original '59 Les Paul necks were scanned and, as a result, the 2018 '59 RI necks will have a less rounded, more soft 'V' and 'less cheek' profile.

I've no idea how much money they spent on computer profiling 100 necks but I - and many others - have been talking about just such a discrepancy for almost a decade...

Pip.

Archived