Gibson Brands Forums

Summer is in full effect

Dub-T-123

Yep, a toasty 109 here in Irvine. Glad I don't live in the desert LOL. And kudos to the guy who invented HVAC, although I have to admit that the "coastal climate" normally rules. so, the occasional hot days are just dealt with. Hey, it could be 10 below zero with 2 feet of snow! Ask (or don't) how I know this.

We're experiencing a "cold wave" here at the moment. Was only 96 degrees today after something like 3 straight weeks of 100+ degrees, but the humidity was high so not much of an improvement. It will be like this until mid-September. We just deal with it.

Feels v hot at 87f in Portsmouth uk.

Ive been working in my garden most of this week. I enjoyed my first ripe blackberry a couple of days ago (most of them are little green knots).

Life feels good!

I spend half my life trying to eradicate blackberry outbreaks!

Keeps popping up with birds dropping seed when other landholders aren’t as vigilant as I am.

Rated as a “Noxious weed” in Australia and you blokes can have it back as far as I’m concerned!

Keeps popping up with birds dropping seed when other landholders aren't as vigilant as I am.

Rated as a "Noxious weed" in Australia and you blokes can have it back as far as I'm concerned!

Here in North Georgia, it has been high 90's and very high humidity. afternoon thunderstorms makes it feel like suana. Grass needs cuttin almost every 5 days. I do not handle the heat well anymore so get out early to do yardwork and work in the garden

msp_cursing.gif

I did a side job today where my coworker and I wrapped a 30’ beam with white oak. It was about 105-110° in the house and I was up on a ladder with my arms up above my head all day

I sweat so much and got so overheated today that I had to make a stop on my way home for more food and water just so I didn’t pass out in my car

Bout to take a cool shower and lay in the ac for the rest of the day

Here in North Georgia, it has been high 90's and very high humidity. afternoon thunderstorms makes it feel like suana. Grass needs cuttin almost every 5 days. I do not handle the heat well anymore so get out early to do yardwork and work in the garden

msp_cursing.gif

I’m like you in that hard work is getting even harder!

To compensate for my faulty body I just buy more machinery, as it’s the only way I can get the work done now Pappy.

Usually winter is my most productive time as at least you can get bigger jobs done when it’s cool.

However some days are meant for sitting inside with the wood fire blazing!

Keeps popping up with birds dropping seed when other landholders aren’t as vigilant as I am.

Rated as a “Noxious weed” in Australia and you blokes can have it back as far as I’m concerned!

Everything in my garden is a noxious weed. Only since retiring last year have I tried to tame it. The worst stuff is the holly.

Here is one of the many stumps I am tasked with removing.

rmYgheS.jpg

I think their seasons are the opposite of ours since they live upside down.

So they are always standing on their heads?

They live in the Southern Hemisphere

It's " Down Under". Not "Upside Downer".

Everything in my garden is a noxious weed. Only since retiring last year have I tried to tame it. The worst stuff is the holly.

Here is one of the many stumps I am tasked with removing.

rmYgheS.jpg

Bloody hard work that ME, too hard for us old blokes. Perhaps I’d better bring my tractor over for you when we come over (just under 2 weeks). I wonder what excess baggage would be on 3 tonnes?

Damn! Are we upside down...really?

That might explain all my vertigo...Grin~

What happens when the plane reaches the equator? Do they do a barrel roll to get us up the right way? I must remember to leave my seat belt on when we get near Singapore!!

Upside down? Ha Ha.

Damn! Are we upside down...really?

That might explain all my vertigo...Grin~

What happens when the plane reaches the equator? Do they do a barrel roll to get us up the right way? I must remember to leave my seat belt on when we get near Singapore!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

You blokes are funny!

The mid to upper 90's here this week, 11:00 at night and still 79% humidity and 85 degrees. The heat index has been around 110 and up o 95% humidity. Last week was better in the mid to upper 80's. We had that 105 to 110 temps for 3 weeks.

Archived