Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cdeelstra

57 Goldtop Reissue, Cracks on Maple top... No worry or bad?

Hello,

Just aquired a 57 Goldtop reissue and was giving it a look over to make sure all was well. That being said, I noticed two cracks on the top between the fretbpard and the neck pickup where there is a small gap. Is this bad? See pics, let me know please. I just got this guitar and am so bummed out about it. I have a week to return it if this is no good. Thanks if anyone can help!

IMG_20180708_000921640.jpg?dl=0

post-90816-001116200 1531026076_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdeelstra

Hello,

Just aquired a 57 Goldtop reissue and was giving it a look over to make sure all was well. That being said, I noticed two cracks on the top between the fretbpard and the neck pickup where there is a small gap. Is this bad? See pics, let me know please. I just got this guitar and am so bummed out about it. I have a week to return it if this is no good. Thanks if anyone can help!

IMG_20180708_000921640.jpg?dl=0

Hi;

Hard to see in the pic (I see one side fairly clearly), but to me it just looks like the neck joint coming into the body. I say no worries and play the hell out of it.

Johnny

Congrats on the Goldtop by the way, its another on my wish list.

I would agree with Johnny - the one between the high E and B string looks like the neck joint. Can't really see the other one in the photo, but if it equidistant between E and A string it's probably just the joint.

Thank you for all your replies, I will get better pictures when home Tonite to be sure. Got a killer deal on it and thought maybe this was why. Thanks again!

As the others said, the one that is visible looks like the neck joint. Pull the neck pickup and send a good photo of both of the "cracks" you are concerned about.