Gibson Brands Forums

What makes this song great

saturn

There are some really good music breakdown videos...

This guy is really good and even though im not technical at all, he plays the notes and chords he is talking about so I understand it much more than I would if he was just talking about the notes.

Great song too :)

It is nice to know that there are at least some sympathetic brothren out there that share (to at least some degree) my love for Yes. That is all I want to say...

I saw them live a few weeks ago (well the ARW version of them anyway).. Was a great gig.. (and ive seen Steve Howe with Asia so don't feel like I have missed out ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv5Z7uz55lk

Looks like a very well produced educational series...…[thumbup]

Apologies but Chez V is left a bit cold by this particular track for some reason....[unsure]

Notwithstanding some remarkable musicianship from all members

Including the very special vocal skills of Jon Anderson

Rick Wakeman has a great sense of humour and has made some fantastic varied music over the years

2nd apology for reminding some folks that the 'prog rock' excesses of the likes of Yes ushered in the 'punk' backlash of the late 70's.....[thumbup]

But Wonderous Stories is one of my favourite songs

And my bandmate digs Yes to bits.....dry.gif

V

:-({|=

It is nice to know that there are at least some sympathetic brothren out there that share (to at least some degree) my love for Yes. That is all I want to say...

yes-eng.jpg

I thought we were all going to take our shirts off, No, just me?

Did Bill get his shoes at a bowling alley?

Let's not leave the genius of one Eddy Offord out of the equation either. I wish he'd been involved with GFtO and Tormato.

They've consistently been my favorite band since 1971.

I think the rise of Punk was only attributed to them after Jon was asked what he thought about it and his response was even less than very unfavorable.

The best line-up IMO. [thumbup]

They made a great album with the Wakeman, Squire, Howe, White and Anderson line up (Going For The One is the stand out but, Topographic and Tormato could have been better), two great alums with the line of Wakeman, Squire, Howe, Bruford and Anderson (Close To The Edge and Fragile) and one great album with Moraz, Squire, Howe, White and Anderson (Relayer), and everyone forgets this lineup of Downes, Squire, Howe, White and Horn (Drama). The Trevor Rabin years and all the variations after that I tend to pretend is not Yes, not the Yes I am going to listen to anyway.

Archived