Gibson Brands Forums

Who Cares?

mkatz

I have just spent a short time reading some of the posts in The Lounge that are complaining and poking fun at one of our new moderators. My feeling is who cares? If you abide by the rules you will never hear from any moderators. As far as their opinions about guitars, they are entitled just like any other member.

I believe that unless you are willing to do the job yourself, it's pretty hard to complain about the job someone else is doing. As others have stated: if you are unhappy here then don't spend so much time. There are plenty of other forums.

I for one appreciate all of the hard work and time that the moderators and administrators put into this forum and to them I say thank you.

Mitch

I forgot one thing: did I mention how offending some of the comments and pictures are that have been posted on this subject? I for one would not mind if some of the members who posted on the topic were to leave.

Mitch

I forgot one thing: did I mention how offending some of the comments and pictures are that have been posted on this subject? I for one would not mind if some of the members who posted on the topic were to leave.

Mitch

I have not commented on the subject. Not because I tiptoe around the lounge, though. I'll go head to head with any of them.

I see you have 11 post.

Careful there. Some of us go back awhile.

Best of luck, Mitch.

Murph.

I agree that they were unfairly attacked care and thought that I was defending them. If that didn't come through clearly, my apologies.

I have no intention of going head to head with anybody, just stating my feelings in a way that I hope is not offensive. When someone posts Nazi pictures in a guitar forum, I indeed find that offensive.

I do not post often, but have been checking in most days since sometime in 07.

Mitch

I find it fascinating how all these various forums (fora??) have distinctly different personalities. Some are like small families whose members bend over backwards to support each other and welcome newcomers. In others, you are a persona non grata until you reach some stupid milestone of number of posts (I'm a "Gold Member" at one of my forums and I don't know that that is a compliment!). I belong to a particular forum that I love for the wealth of information, but the nose in the air attitudes of the "senior contributors" makes me want to spew sometimes.

However, in most of them, I've seen how when the forum is not moderated properly, flames drive one or more members to leave. I'm no moderator, but a suggestion for the current moderator(s) here would be to keep the discussion to the issues. People can have their opinions as long as they don't make it at all personal. Any post that becomes personal about another member should be immediately deleted and the offender given one warning. Other forums have features that allow you to flag posts for the moderators as being improper, off-topic or otherwise unacceptable. Politics, sex, religion and personal lifestyles should have no place in these discussions. I believe the forum rules already say those things don't they? ~scrambles off to read them~

No offense meant.

My join date is this name.

I was here before, and actually never left.

The "Lounge Lizards" are a rough crew. But they're insane, so nobody really pays any attention to them.

Best to ya.

Murph.

The people who have been unfairly attacked care.

The problem is only certain people seem to know what happened. This is some kind of insider issue that keeps spilling over into the public domain. I read the forum on a near daily basis and have only the slightest idea of what might have gone down. From where I stand the repeated pot shots directed at one forum member in particular seem most unwarranted and inappropriate. (and totally off topic) I'm not accusing you at all. You are always pleasant and a joy to read. But there are certainly some people that seem to be engaging in this rude behavior.

Although I don’t post as much as some I’ve been a member on this forum since the redesign took place and perhaps a year before that on the old one. While not a veteran, I’ve been around long enough to see many people come and go. In fact, many people that post regularly today were not there 2 years ago. Obviously relationships have developed between members both on and off the forum that the rest of us know nothing about. I can only comment on what I read here in the forum.

I think that anytime anyone is subject to abuse or unkind comments from whoever, it is great for other members to come to their defense. I don’t think it is wrong to call someone out if their behaviour warrants it, as I was once, and this gets done from time to time as it should, but the scale of abuse that has and is being directed at Mike is shocking. I can’t imagine what it must be like to have to read some of this stuff if it was directed at me.

I have not commented on the subject. Not because I tiptoe around the lounge' date=' though. I'll go head to head with any of them.

I see you have 11 post.

Careful there. Some of us go back awhile.

Best of luck, Mitch.

Murph.[/quote']

You should have been around earlier in the Summer in '08... There was some uneasiness taking place here before as well. It was a good time back then to go outside and catch some fresh air. As always, cool heads and respect for others prevail... As well as remembering who owns this forum... ;-)

God damn it Janet! Somebody talk about guitars' date=' per-leeeeeeeeease...................[/quote']Who's Janet? And please keep your profanity to yourself if you don't mind.

Who cares? I do also. The individual in question caused my opinion on warranties to summarily disappear w/o so much as a thank you very much. No one has to like my opinion but ya'll do have to let me express it. Furthermore, Gibson might 'own' the forums but without folks like myself who own four Gibsons of various kinds there would be no Gibson. Thus in that sense I also own the forums or at the very least have stock in them.

Pic

If I had any sense at all, I wouldn't be reading this thread, much less responding to something on it. But this was just too much for me.

The individual in question caused my opinion on warranties to summarily disappear w/o so much as a thank you very much.

If you think one of your posts was deleted for some reason other than a violation of the rules' date=' you know who to complain to. (Or do you? I'll give you a hint: it's not the forum members.) Frankly, given the extreme lenience of the moderators, I find it hard to believe that anything has been deleted for any reason other than an egregious rule violation.

No one has to like my opinion but ya'll do have to let me express it.

Gibson no more "has" to let you express your opinion by posting it here than the phone company "has" to give you pencil, paper, and a stapler so that you can post it on local telephone poles.

Furthermore' date=' Gibson might 'own' the forums but without folks like myself who own four Gibsons of various kinds there would be no Gibson. Thus in that sense I also own the forums or at the very least have stock in them. [/quote']

Let me get this straight. You gave a dealer -- not even Gibson, but a dealer -- some money, who gave you a guitar manufactured by Gibson in return. As a result of this transaction, you now own (at the very least, partially) all of Gibson's assets. This is your theory?

-- Bob R

Archived