Gibson Brands Forums

Greetings from Italy

marpar

Hello,

I’m from Milano (Italy) and I love Gibson acoustic guitars. I own Chet Atkins 1991 model. I recently had some problems with the preamp and I decided to make a new version. If anyone wishes, I can share some technical details.

Marco

Edited by marpar

• 9 months later...

Hello Marco,

I own a 1985 Gibson Chet Atkins CEC (Black), for some unknown reason the third (G) string pick up does not function anymore, I remember the guitar falling off a stand without any physical damage but this was the probable cause.

I believe something happened to the preamp and you may have an answer to my problem, I would much appreciate if you could share your knowledge.

I thank you in advance.

Jaime

• 1 year later...
On 6/8/2020 at 7:51 AM, marpar said:

If I can I will help you very much but you should send some pictures of the preamp, sorry for the delay and for my bad english!

First, Welcome aboard Marpar. It's been awhile and I forgot,  but I think you have to have like 12 or 15 posts in before you can  post in the Gibson Lounge and discuss things there. That's where everyone hangs out. You can read posts, but not post there until you get the required posts in.  People share photos and conversations there. You can share a photo here but the link here shows smaller photos, like thumbnails. If that helps anyway. The forum was updated though and I'm not really certain about all the changes.  Back when I joined, I just welcomed everyone here to get my posts in and then went to the lounge. 

• 2 weeks later...