Gibson Brands Forums

Mollie Tuttle giving a flat picking lesson

jaxson50

Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale did a great interview with her on their Sirius radio show on the Outlaw Country channel. Odd because they don't play her on that channel, which really needs to stick to the new Americana music and move that tired old Hag, Cash, and Waylon stuff over to one of the other Country channels.

She holds the pick like a shredding speed picker, as she was taught, so that you can't really see her pick in the 'White Freightliner' clip. Her wrist seems almost double jointed. I can't flex mine like that.

V

1531858285[/url]' post='1945965']

Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale did a great interview with her on their Sirius radio show on the Outlaw Country channel. Odd because they don't play her on that channel, which really needs to stick to the new Americana music and move that tired old Hag, Cash, and Waylon stuff over to one of the other Country channels.

She holds the pick like a shredding speed picker, as she was taught, so that you can't really see her pick in the 'White Freightliner' clip. Her wrist seems almost double jointed. I can't flex mine like that.

2016, Tuttle won the International Bluegrass Music Association's Momentum Award for Instrumentalist of the Year. In 2017, Tuttle won the International Bluegrass Music Association's award for Guitar Player of the Year.

She was the first woman to win this award.

I think we will be hearing her a lot in the near future..

1531933107[/url]' post='1946117']

For a moment, just looking at the (first) photo, I couldn't figure out why she had "C" clamps, on the fingerboard, then I realized it was for the camera/cell phone(?) LOL

CB

I did the same double take on that.

Archived