Gibson Brands Forums

does it damage your speakers to.......

guitar_randy

Loud Pops = Bad ...

Assuming your talking about the volume on your amp and not your guitar.

Someone makes a cable with a killswitch if you're going to be making a lot of guitar changes while playing.

Wouldn't the volume or energy going to the speakers be no more than if you were playing your guitar at the same volume,just makes an unpleasant sound,rather than amplified guitar notes?

no.

Have you ever had someone bump your head and had the reverb springs make that lovely Kerpow sound?

A little hum and pop not to much to worry about.

It's those 100 watt pops that do the damage.

thank you,

i never understood why dudes just yank their chord without turning the amp off,

having a standby is nice

Regardless of whether is causes damage' date=' which it does, why would you want to make that horrible "POP", and look like a fool while playing?

[/quote']

I don't.

The subject just came up earlier today talking with someone,and I was wondering if it damages anything or if it just makes an unpleasant sound.

I don't.

The subject just came up earlier today talking with someone' date='and I was wondering if it damages anything or if it just makes an unpleasant sound.[/quote']

It will damage not only your speakers but your amp too... I can elaborate on the subject later (I'm with "the lady" right now... she is asking why I am in the forum... damn... Ill get back at you with this)

thank you' date='

i never understood why dudes just yank their chord without turning the amp off,

having a standby is nice[/quote']

So unplugging your guitar before you turn your amp off is a good thing to do?

It will damage not only your speakers but your amp too... I can elaborate on the subject later (I'm with "the lady" right now... she is asking why I am in the forum... damn... Ill get back at you with this)

sad-smiley-17025.gifsad-smiley-17025.gifsad-smiley-17025.gifsad-smiley-17025.gifsad-smiley-17025.gifsad-smiley-17025.gifsad-smiley-17025.gifsad-smiley-17025.gifsad-smiley-17025.gifsad-smiley-17025.gifsad-smiley-17025.gif

Help us Thundergod!!!

I either shut the amp off or put it on standby before unplugging.

Mine doesn't have a standby' date=' but i always turn it off before i unplug. It does have a good POP though. i dont think it's doing much damage. its got an output watts switch(please remind me the real name, a hot plate is an example of one. my new vox has one built in. see sig) on the back and its set WAY down. DRIVE THOSE TUBES!! YEAH!!!

No...

It's like putting you're car in park before you turn the engine off...

Sounds about right. i didn't think so.

i rigged up a killswitch to solve that...

Nice idea.

Archived