Gibson Brands Forums

Greenday BJ Armstrong Les Paul Special Edition.

It's cheap-ish for a Gibson Signature model...

I've also seen a few Gibsons (and Epi's) that were more ludicrously (IMO) priced than that one and it's probably a very well made, good-sounding, good-playing guitar.

I don't have any problems with it at all. I wouldn't buy it for myself but that's hardly relevant as I'm not in the target market.

Pip.

Just what we need another LP signature model aimed at the eyeliner kid market, and its another BJ model (didn't he already have a LP sig with a P-90). He already has an acoustic model, and a ES model, and didn't he also have a DC model too? BJ really, he is just that influental a guitarist? I know they are in the RRHAF, but I thouhgt that was just a joke. Gibson site says $1399 for a one pup, with a silly pickguard with a wrap around bridge. I would rather buy an SG Special or Faded.

Just what we need another LP signature model aimed at the eyeliner kid market, and its another BJ model (didn't he already have a LP sig with a P-90). He already has an acoustic model, and a ES model, and didn't he also have a DC model too? BJ really, he is just that influental a guitarist? I know they are in the RRHAF, but I thouhgt that was just a joke. Gibson site says $1399 for a one pup, with a silly pickguard with a wrap around bridge. I would rather buy an SG Special or Faded.

I'm guessing his other signature models must have sold well if they are making another one. Green Day is a pretty popular act.

Lucky for you they do make SG Specials and Faded models for you to purchase and BJ Armstrong models for his fans to purchase.

Prolly tours with halfa dozen Strats. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

rct

He has his original Strat but he is a Gibson guy all the way. One time he was in town he went to guitar center and bought several vintage Les Pauls, I'd like to see his collection.

Green Day still fills arenas, that's gotta count for something.

While I have liked his other signature models this particular guitar does nothing for me, I do not like the pickguard one bit.

As for the price point, well, seems all USA guitars are getting pricey these days.

He has his original Strat but he is a Gibson guy all the way. One time he was in town he went to guitar center and bought several vintage Les Pauls, I'd like to see his collection.

Green Day still fills arenas, that's gotta count for something.

While I have liked his other signature models this particular guitar does nothing for me, I do not like the pickguard one bit.

As for the price point, well, seems all USA guitars are getting pricey these days.

I do think of him as a strat player, but that only shows how long I paid attention to them

They fill arenas, and that is all that matters, I don't care what they use.

I'm sure many many guitar players walk through the grocery store and don't get nearly as incensed about paying 10 - 12 dollars for a gallon of milk and paying 2 dollars more for a smaller package of almost everything as they do about the price of a guitar they will never buy.

rct

I'm sure many many guitar players walk through the grocery store and don't get nearly as incensed about paying 10 - 12 dollars for a gallon of milk and paying 2 dollars more for a smaller package of almost everything as they do about the price of a guitar they will never buy.

rct

Those same players want the guitar to be priced at around $800 to still not buy it.

But I do the same thing I guess.

I seem to be the only person outraged that a Gretsch White Falcon made in Japan costs $3,500 - $3,800 and I was never planning on buying one. hehehe

I guess the focus of guitar price outrage in the guitar community is Gibson.

Those same players want the guitar to be priced at around $800 to still not buy it.

But I do the same thing I guess.

I seem to be the only person outraged that a Gretsch White Falcon made in Japan costs $3,500 - $3,800 and I was never planning on buying one. hehehe

I guess the focus of guitar price outrage in the guitar community is Gibson.

I might want a White Falcon, or a Customme Shoppe Strat, or a super fancy Purple Les Paul. If I want one, I've been around this stuff long enough to know that good guitars cost good money. If I buy one I buy one knowing what I'm getting into. If I don't buy one, I don't care what they cost, any more than I care what a 149 dollar price point Tele-a-like costs, because I won't buy one.

I get price outrage, I really do. But I know very few guitar players that regret spending a lot, I know very many that regret spending a little.

rct

Archived