Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mihcmac

Roller Bridges... Show me what you are using...

I think it might have less string travel than the Duesenberg Les Trem I have on my Samick V and the Bigsby B7 I have on a Hohner hollowbody, But i'm getting more and more used to it. I had to put a penny under the 1 1/8" spring (the tallest spring you can get for Bigsby-type trems) to make the bar less close to the body. Some people put a washer to raise the bar, but i've found that a penny works, too.

Have you compared the Duesenberg spring to the Bigsby B7 spring?

Hmm..... I wonder if a hardware store would have some usable compression springs...

Also..... I have been running across these "Tremolo Goldo's" on ebay that seem to be sort of knock-offs of the Les Trem II from seller fretdreamer in France for $85.99.... I did buy 2 of my Duesenbergs from fretdreamer.....

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

Have you compared the Duesenberg spring to the Bigsby B7 spring?

Hmm..... I wonder if a hardware store would have some usable compression springs...

Also..... I have been running across these "Tremolo Goldo's" on ebay that seem to be sort of knock-offs of the Les Trem II from seller fretdreamer in France for $85.99.... I did buy 2 of my Duesenbergs from fretdreamer.....

s-l1600.jpg

Wow, those Goldos look exactly like the Les Trem IIs. I guess Duesenberg doesn’t have a patent on their Les Trems.

I didn’t compare my Les Trem’s spring with the one on my Bigsby, because I don’t have a problem with the vibrato bar on either of them being too low. I did have that problem with the XTrem, and it already comes stock with the tallest Bigsby spring available.

If they do carry those types of springs in hardware stores, I wonder if one taller than 1 1/8” would be stable? There must be some reason why you can’t get regular Bigsby springs taller than 1 1/8”.

Also..... I have been running across these "Tremolo Goldo's" on ebay that seem to be sort of knock-offs of the Les Trem II

Not a knockoff, but actually the same company. Göldo Music GmbH is the mothership, Göldo (all variety of guitar parts), Duesenberg (guitars, spare parts, merchandise) and Kluson (tuning machines) are trademarks of Göldo Music. Just read the imprint of goeldo.de :-)

Not a knockoff, but actually the same company. Göldo Music GmbH is the mothership, Göldo (all variety of guitar parts), Duesenberg (guitars, spare parts, merchandise) and Kluson (tuning machines) are trademarks of Göldo Music. Just read the imprint of goeldo.de :-)

Thanks for the info, LongMan :)

Thanks for the info, LongMan :)

Thanks for the follow up on the Goldo's, I will be looking at them for future projects.. I just received my Les Trem II order from Australia at the old price, before they go up to $150 as listed on the new Duesenberg site...

My current on going bridge and vibrato projects..

MJyrv6F.jpg

I probably should have named this thread Tremolo's.... But I was wondering what experiences others were having using Tremolo's with or without Roller Bridges..

I have had Bigsby's, Strat and FR's in the past, they all have their merits. My Blueshawk almost got a B5, but the adjustable Duesenberg Tremola vibrato arm won. I have really fallen for the Les Trem II for its non-distructive ease of install and the way it reacts.. The cherry G400 required the least effort, I just installed it and it worked, no tweaking the width of the slots in the black plastic nut...

My Stetsbar (most adjustable) was the most costly followed by the Duesenberg Tremola (hard tail) and my most effective Les Trem II..

I do have a new project on the way... :)

Edited by mihcmac

My latest project a G&L Junior... while searching for an Epi T310 to upgrade with P90's I found this G&L that already had most of the hardware I wanted on a Tele style guitar, including a Gibson style bridge and  stopbar.. Which made it easy to install a Les Trem II. The bridge has a very slight string angle so no roller bridge needed .. The hot Paul Gagon-designed P90 pickups are balanced and have hum cancelling when selector is in mid position.. The solid mahogany body is pretty heavy.. Anyway, I am really enjoying having another 25.5" scale neck to play..

krhJHHy.jpg

Edited by mihcmac