Gibson Brands Forums

Bye Bye Dark Fire!

Guitareal

Thanks BigKahune! I m very glad to meet a Push-Tone owner!!!

I bought mine for 1977 Euros, from Thomann Cyberstore. It is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday!!!

I am already searching for more pick-up options, i m in contact with Gibson and a local luthier for this matter.

In order not to flood this thread with other than DF guitar subjects, i will open a new thread under "Les Paul" forum as soon as i get a feel of the guitar and get to "know" her. Please be around, in order to exchange some more views.

Cheers to my DF friends!!!

=D>

I just cancelled my order.

I couldn't finally take the wait and the frustration that something on the guitar could be faulty upon delivery. In addition, service and parts that the guitar may need, even not on delivery, but surely some time after, would be HELL where i live.

First time post on this forum ....

I'm from UK and ordered my DF on Dec 23 2008 - at the time the quoted delivery date was Dec 31 2008!!!

This week I received another email from my supplier (who is first-class but stuck in the middle of this) advising a new 'expected' delivery date of May 6th 2009.

Having read the litany of negative posts about the finish of the instrument, and Gibson's non-committal and rather evasive replies to other members' emails, I am just about ready to cancel my order. Certainly I feel it would be prudent to 'wait and see' before actually buying given that I will not, in all probability, get what I expected or paid for. IMHO Gibson appear to take the view that their customers are just a bit of an inconvenience from whom they are obliged to keep taking money - as far as I can see from the comments here they don't give a fig otherwise.

Sorry Gibson ... I'll stick with my Gretsch - although when I bought that (new) only one of the pickups worked!

Ray. :-(

I just cancelled my order.

I couldn't finally take the wait and the frustration that something on the guitar could be faulty upon delivery. In addition, service and parts that the guitar may need, even not on delivery, but surely some time after, would be HELL where i live.

First time post on this forum ....

I'm from UK and ordered my DF on Dec 23 2008 - at the time the quoted delivery date was Dec 31 2008!!!

This week I received another email from my supplier (who is stuck in the middle of this) advising a new 'expected' delivery date of May 6th 2009.

Having read the litany of negative posts about the finish of the instrument, and Gibson's non-committal and rather evasive replies to other members' emails, I am just about ready to cancel my order. Certainly I feel it would be prudent to 'wait and see' before actually buying given that I will not, in all probability, get what I expected or paid for.

IMHO Gibson appear to take the view that their customers are just a bit of an inconvenience from whom they are obliged to keep taking money - as far as I can see from the comments here they couldn't care less otherwise.

Ray. :-(

i'm also always trying to remember that there might be 3950 super happy people having sex with their beautifully flamed DF with silky smooth fret edges and MCKs as we speak ... forums like these are usually most visited by people with problems ...

As no one, or not many, people in Europe have received theirs yet the figure must be nearer 2000 than 4000. Add to that the fact that only a small percentage may use this forum and the number soon diminishes.

I GOT IT!!! Just wanted to let you know, i m very happy with my choice. It plays great, setup is perfect, the pickup combination produces various different sounds. And the top is much prettier than i thought (maybe i got lucky on this one, like elantric's DF top! +:-@)

04032009891.jpg

04032009885.jpg

04032009886.jpg

04032009887.jpg

04032009899.jpg

04032009903.jpg

Ah... very nice figuring. I've seen 3 of Push Tones in person and pics of yours and in a couple catalogs - it appears Gibson was very consistant with their figured maple wood choices for tops of these guitars. After hearing about some DF disappointments, that worried me, but mine arrived with a gorgeous top. Every one I've seen is nicely figured including yours. And they really took care to setup the guitar up right - my action was very good and the intonation was perfect. Congrats Guitareal.

Now, about those extra pups or kits - post back if you find a solution. Gibson gave me the "maybe, check back" put off.

Now' date=' about those extra pups or kits - post back if you find a solution. Gibson gave me the "maybe, check back" put off.

[/quote']

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=15201

Stick to that thread, i will soon have something on the extra pups =P~

By the way, i was too thinking about the possibility of receiving a non-figured top, influenced by the DF stories, but thank God she's OK!!!

I really hope the guys here waiting for the DF have the same luck with the flame top, at least as a reward for their long wait

Absolutely gorgeous! Now thats what I call a flame top!!! This once again proves that as long as there is a mandate anything is possible. The consistency of flame tops on say LP Supreme's or the PushTone's tell me the excuse we are getting on DF, is just that... an excuse. Anyways, this is not about DF's lack of flame but about the beautiful guitar Guitareal got for himself. Good on you!!!

Sorry to lose you as a DF user guitareal, but that looks absolutely gorgeous!!! I wish you all the best with and hours and hours of fun and enjoyment.

Keep an eye out on ebay in a year or so time and pick up a used DF cheap (maybe!!) and transfer the bits to your Push Tone - best of both world's there!!

However, you won't be able to call it Dark Fire because of the colour, you'd have to call it Dark Beige!!! =P~

Thanks to everyone for your nice words!!!

Sorry to lose you as a DF user guitareal' date=' but that looks absolutely gorgeous!!! I wish you all the best with and hours and hours of fun and enjoyment.

Keep an eye out on ebay in a year or so time and pick up a used DF cheap (maybe!!) and transfer the bits to your Push Tone - best of both world's there!!

However, you won't be able to call it Dark Fire because of the colour, you'd have to call it Dark Beige!!! =P~[/quote']

hehehe... thanks dexyboy... but, in a year or so, think there is a possibility we may be discussing about our new order fo Robot III =P~.

Archived