Gibson Brands Forums

1948 lg2 for sale near me

blindboygrunt

Don’t have the scratch to even entertain a notion of getting this , so questions are merely academic..

I’ve never seen divots in a fretboard like this .... what would be needed to ‘fix’ those ?

Would they interfere with playability?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/1948-gibson-lg-2/1309607957?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Wow......look at that bridge! Beautiful cut of brazilian that is!

jAlbZVm.jpg

Those fingerboard divots are serious, and seem oddly placed........as if the players' fingers were placed nearer the headstock end of the position, rather than close to the fret producing the intended note. Anyway, heavy play wear that's quite deep. Don't know the fix for that short of a new fingerboard.......which would be a big no-no on such an instrument.

Those fingerboard divots are serious, and seem oddly placed........as if the players' fingers were placed nearer the headstock end of the position, rather than close to the fret producing the intended note.

Buc,

I think you're looking at it backwards.

Looks like someone did a refret without fixing the divots. I've had a few repaired that came out good.

The only problem with this one is you would need to pull out the frets to repair it.

Here's an LG1 I had repaired

5E3352CB-5AB0-4A1E-A31D-65A75027084D_zpskwecnzzx.jpg

Yip

That’s a beaut

I’m settling with what I have BK

Unless I win the lottery I’ll never be a collector

Could never justify that much money in a guitar , don’t live in that world

Thursday night this week, the Australan lottery that is near impossible to win has jackpotted to 100 Million smackas!

Should I pick my own numbers or make a system entry or let the machine speak......either way, we need to be in it!

BluesKing777.

Yip

That’s a beaut

I’m settling with what I have BK

Unless I win the lottery I’ll never be a collector

Could never justify that much money in a guitar , don’t live in that world

me neither!

i've found a really nice early 50s j45, but i'd have to get rid of a gretsch 6120 and a LG 2 to be able to afford it, not sure i can do it !

Archived