Gibson Brands Forums

Paul McCartney - Fuh You

Rabs

After what he as accomplished in his life, I think he deserves to indulge himself with a dud or two. It doesn't tarnish my respect for him what so ever.

Well I've give ya that, and I'm not one to be the source of p!ssing contests, but I would humbly submit that he's got more than "a dud or two". But then again, as blasphemous as it sounds, I never really dug into to the Beatles like many of my musical comrades have.

Appreciate the genius - yes no doubt it was all there

Admire, adore, and love beyond all reason - nope.

Do I have to leave the planet now?

Well I've give ya that, and I'm not one to be the source of p!ssing contests, but I would humbly submit that he's got more than "a dud or two". But then again, as blasphemous as it sounds, I never really dug into to the Beatles like many of my musical comrades have.

Ray,Ray,Ray ...

that cuts me to the core ...

and yes, Sir Paul has has more than a few duds.

You are appointed the rank of General in the U.S. Space Force!!

Ray,Ray,Ray ...

that cuts me to the core ...

and yes, Sir Paul has has more than a few duds.

I know... I have been a huge dissappointment to my entire family.. you should see what happens come christmas time...

You are appointed the rank of General in the U.S. Space Force!!

EXCELLENT!! I've always wanted a reason to wear clothing with starts on the shoulder!!! do I get a hat too?

Well I've give ya that, and I'm not one to be the source of p!ssing contests, but I would humbly submit that he's got more than "a dud or two"...

Admire, adore, and love beyond all reason - nope...

I'm in the same club as you, kid. I appreciate all he's done but he either hits a home run or a foul ball. Like it or not, I think that Lennon kept Macca somewhat shall we say, "grounded"? Most of his good work comes out of a competition with Lennon. After all, Macca, by his own admission never wanted to write rock n roll, he wanted to do "show tunes". Think about that the next time you listen to him. As always, it's IMHO only and YMMV.

I'm in the same club as you, kid. I appreciate all he's done but he either hits a home run or a foul ball. Like it or not, I think that Lennon kept Macca somewhat shall we say, "grounded"? Most of his good work comes out of a competition with Lennon. After all, Macca, by his own admission never wanted to write rock n roll, he wanted to do "show tunes". Think about that the next time you listen to him. As always, it's IMHO only and YMMV.

it's like the Rolling Stones, Rock and Roll would not be the same without these guys, yet I never have and never will own a single Stones album, and tune comes up the on pandora feed, it's the "NEXT" button immediately, I'm hopeless, I know...

I'm not into the raunchy songs. When the Beatles did "Why Don't We Do It In The Road," they were young and I could kinda shrug and think "whatever." Something kinda creepy about an old guy, even one as talented at Paul, being raunchy. But I'm 64 and female, so I'm sure that weighs in as well.

Still love Paul, just not a big fan of the newer stuff.

He's obviously an extremely talented guy. He & Lennon always complemented each other perfectly. Lennon helped diffuse Paul's sugary side and Paul helped file away Lennon's rough edges. whether writing together, adding bits to each others tunes or friendly competition, they were a perfect fit.

a great example is the bridge Paul added to Lennon's "Free as a Bird". after decades apart, it was still just a perfect fit.

Archived