Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
weldaar

Les Paul Classic neck pup

A friend is looking for a neck pup that has more clarity. Currently using 500T/496R set. Wants the neck to sound like the bridge with more bass though. Any suggestions?

He is playing through a Marshall JCM 900, no gain pedals, just the amps gain.

Edited by weldaar

A friend is looking for a neck pup that has more clarity. Currently using 500T/496R set. Wants the neck to sound like the bridge with more bass though. Any suggestions?

He is playing through a Marshall JCM 900, no gain pedals, just the amps gain.

I'm pretty happy with the Burstbucker 1 and 2's in my Traditional. Very clear sound, a bit more bass and mids. And, sounds fantastic through my Marshalls.

I'm pretty happy with the Burstbucker 1 and 2's in my Traditional. Very clear sound, a bit more bass and mids. And, sounds fantastic through my Marshalls.

I think he wants to keep the pups he has, just wants to add treble to the neck. I told him to swap the pot for a 1 meg.

You can lower the neck pickup and adjust the six screws upwards. It increases the upper frequencies.

Adjust your amp volume loud to crunch level, and lower your guitar volume to 5-7. Also try to EQ your amp to your liking on the neck pickup...the bridge pickup will then be too piercing so adjust the bridge tone down.

I haven't been working on this one lately, a bit frustrated. I have other projects in the works. Just baffles me how only the E and A strings only howl and only open.