Gibson Brands Forums

Does anybody actually own a double neck Gibson??

Bluesoull

Hey guys,

I think I must be on a roll today, but here it is:

Does anybody actually own a double neck Gibson, let alone how to play it? Because... I think the only one I ever saw using it was Jimmy Paige (Oh I think I got his name wrong, apoligies)

Thanks for the replies. :-D

Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee also used a couple in their Xanadu video (though Lee's was a guitar/bass combo rather than the 6 string/12 string).

I personally dont own one, but got to play a red one in a music store once and loved it (it was only a little heavier than my bass and not THAT uncomfortable). And I'd love to see pictures from people who DO own them...

Jimmy Page? Meh!

Here ya go.....

and then with more inlays, more knobs and more musicians

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnMtDA3S8uE&feature=related

I suspect that the body style of the custom-built guitar in the second video is a bit like the early EDS1275 which had a hollow body. The hollow EDS1275 preceded the solid version that you see in the first video.

RN

Hey guys' date='

I think I must be on a roll today, but here it is:

Does anybody actually own a double neck Gibson, let alone how to play it? Because... I think the only one I ever saw using it was Jimmy Paige (Oh I think I got his name wrong, apoligies)

Thanks for the replies. :-D[/quote']

Glenn FRey (Eagles) plays one in white finish in Hotel California (live)

SLash uses a eds 1275 too, i saw him in a video making a cover...

Def Leppard's Steve Clark played one in 1988 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRLCsETXJ0U&feature=related

Originals predated the SG Les Paul by several years. Slightly thicker body but the shape was very close IIRC, you could get either a 12/6 combination, or a 6/mandolin. By special order only, very few were ever actually built. They morphed into the SG doubles later on but were still only made in tiny numbers.

Glenn FRey (Eagles) plays one in white finish in Hotel California (live)

Don Felder of the Eagles. Glenn Frey played LP Specials and Juniors for most parts I've seen.

I own a 2006 Custom Shop EDS-1275.

No comparison to the Epiphone, I have much experience with both.

I could give you a detailed run down on the differences, but a search in the forum would probably dig up old threads about it. It would be honest of me to state right now I can't play 12 string for jack...

Archived