Gibson Brands Forums

Boston

Dub-T-123

Not more than a feelin

I’m going to the Bean in September. I checked out the suggestions from the forum when I asked about Chicago and even met up with our friend EVOL and it was all great. Figure I should ask here about Boston as well and see if you guys have any suggestions

I’m interested in food, beer, music, art, architecture, nature, pretty much whatever is cool. If anyone wants to grab a beer or meet up I’ll be there from the 13th-17th

I love visiting Boston:

- The Freedom Trail

- Great Italian food in the Italian district in north Boston

- The USS Constitution (the very first Navy commissioned ship, and it is still seagoing and commissioned to this day - super cool)

- Tour of Sam Adams Brewery

- Fenway Park (go to a Red Sox game; seeing the Green Monster in person is super cool!)

- Awesome seafood

- (to the north a little ways) Salem where they had the witch trials; lots to see (a little gimmicky but really fun if you like the macabre)

Kashmir on Newberry. Mr. Perry and myself are quite fond of this place!

You can't throw a rock in Boston without hitting 4 great places to eat. I can't remember all of the places we've eaten there, but Kashmir stays with you.

Have fun and Good Eating!

rct

I'm a bit outside of Boston, (we're about 45/50 miles due west)

Another suggestion to try the "Top Of The Hub". (a restaurant at the of the prudential tower) Service can be hit or miss, but the food is good and the views are pretty spectacular.

I lived in Boston for a while... I would suggest the Mapparium at the Christian Science Mother Church. It's a globe made of stained glass that is large enough to walk in. It also has some very unique acoustical properties. It was made in the early twentieth century (I believe) and so, has a lot of country names that no longer exist. Very cool in my opinion! Going to the top of the Prudential building is also a good thing to do. I think everyone else's suggestions are good, too! Faneuil Hall in the Quincy Market/ Government Center area is cool. All in all, Boston is a nice mid-size city with a good groove. Have fun and be safe!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a freakin great time here today! The city is beautiful, the food has been great. I have to say even the tap water tastes good here

I went to two Guitar Center stores today, one on Massachusetts Ave and one on Boylston St. The one on Massachusetts Ave didn’t really blow me away, but I got a cool Neil Young tab book and an XLR adapter I needed there. The store on Boylston was pretty fantastic actually. It’s smaller than some of the GCs back in California but I talked with one of the guys there for like 2 hours.. super cool and friendly staff

Anyway havin a great time here. Boston rocks!!

House of Blues usually has a good show on, Avalon for bigger events - not sure if anything is scheduled. The bars around Harvard square usually have cool bands, depends what you want but could check them out 'Plough and Stars', 'Can tab' both just outside of Harvard square. 'Toad' - just out of Porter (very small - rumor is Aerosmith been there a couple times).

Tonight the Bo Sox are playing the Mets at Fenway, still a few tickets left - fun to go down to the stadium before the games and see what tickets are left at the windows... sometimes the players don't use all there's etc... and some go on sale. Also fun to do a tour of Boston Garden for the Celtics / Bruins.

General touristy stuff - Fanueil Hall, North End (Italian Food)

Cooler touristy stuff - Harvard Square, Davis Square (Somerville), Central Square.... cool coffee shops, bars, restaurants... student type places, street musicians etc...

Enjoy - Boston's awesome!

House of Blues usually has a good show on, Avalon for bigger events - not sure if anything is scheduled. The bars around Harvard square usually have cool bands, depends what you want but could check them out 'Plough and Stars', 'Can tab' both just outside of Harvard square. 'Toad' - just out of Porter (very small - rumor is Aerosmith been there a couple times).

Tonight the Bo Sox are playing the Mets at Fenway, still a few tickets left - fun to go down to the stadium before the games and see what tickets are left at the windows... sometimes the players don't use all there's etc... and some go on sale. Also fun to do a tour of Boston Garden for the Celtics / Bruins.

General touristy stuff - Fanueil Hall, North End (Italian Food)

Cooler touristy stuff - Harvard Square, Davis Square (Somerville), Central Square.... cool coffee shops, bars, restaurants... student type places, street musicians etc...

Enjoy - Boston's awesome!

Thanks very much Billroy

Just had a couple beers around Harvard. I’m down at Boston Common now but will probably go meet my girlfriend back around Harvard later. Gonna have to see if we can catch a band!

Archived