Gibson Brands Forums

Influenza

Californiaman

Do yourself a favor:

Get a flue shot. It may not be too late. It's going around.

I hate being sick. I didn't get one for the first time in a long time and I'm paying for it.

I love shaking hands with parents I see at my kids school, but if it means I'm going to get the flue from them forget it.

Shake hands, ask how are you and they say, "I'm sick."

Great.

I've been unable to work for two days now. I've been in bed most of the last three days.

Get a flue shot.

Snapshot2009-02-2410-36-46.jpg

I've had mixed results with flu shots. I may have bought some time but when the flu did hit, it hit hard. I quit drinking in 2003 and barely get a cold now. I quit smoking in Feb 2007 and that seemed to help too. If I feel a sniffle coming on I bale copious amounts of vitamin C into me; no idea if that's psychosomatic or not but I often fend off a full blown cold.

I've had mixed results with flu shots. I may have bought some time but when the flu did hit' date=' it hit hard. I quit drinking in 2003 and barely get a cold now. I quit smoking in Feb 2007 and that seemed to help too. If I feel a sniffle coming on I bale copious amounts of vitamin C into me; no idea if that's psychosomatic or not but I often fend off a full blown cold. [/quote']

You know... that's interesting.

I was for a long time a heavy coffee user.

I quit two weeks ago tomorrow. It really effected me. The headaches, the lethargic feeling. It has been hard. I think having done so I weekend my immune system or something.

Do yourself a favor:

Get a flue shot. It may not be too late. It's going around.

I hate being sick. I didn't get one for the first time in a long time and I'm paying for it.

I love shaking hands with parents I see at my kids school' date=' but if it means I'm going to get the flue from them forget it.

Shake hands, ask how are you and they say, "I'm sick."

Great.

I've been unable to work for two days now. I've been in bed most of the last three days.

Get a flue shot.

[img']http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj438/Californiaman5/Snapshot2009-02-2410-36-46.jpg[/img]

Oh you pooooor thing!

Here, have a violin :-({|=

Flight959

There was a terrible flu epidemic going around in 1968 or '69. I was about 12 then, and got the flu for the first time. It nearly killed me.

It was called the Hong Kong flu, and it took out many people.

I'll never forget the feeling of laying there just not caring if I lived or died, as long as the suffering would end. I had delusions from the fever, and lost about 20 pounds over two weeks. I couldn't even get out of bed on Christmas morning.

It seems that children and older people are more likely to die from the flu, so if you don't have a really strong constitution, you'd be safer to get the shot.

I know there is some controversy over children building up antibodies to to such germs, but if the kid doesn't live through the illness, the antibodies are useless, so I'd recommend getting kids shots too, for the really nasty strains.

I think I got it last week over February break, but it wasn't too bad because I got my shot. It was just like a cold, except my throat and lungs felt...clogged? That's the best way to describe it, I guess. Fever came with it too, I spent most of the 18 hours (6 PM to 12 PM, I couldn't even stand up) I slept last Saturday night hallucinating and rolling around. The nose started a couple days in too. It's going around my school like crazy, there's tons of kids out right now.

What a frigging jerk' date=' here your the proud owner of a Darkfire2 The smurf edition and all poor Caliman gets is a smiley playing a violin.....

lol[/quote']

LMFAO...

Caliman knows im joking!....... You do dont you! :-$

Flu is serious! Im sure there will be a new strain soon which will be resistant to all the antibiotics... The we will be in BIG trouble..

I wish you well!! :-({|=

Flight959

There was a terrible flu epidemic going around in 1968 or '69. I was about 12 then' date=' and got the flu for the first time. It nearly killed me.

It was called the Hong Kong flu, and it took out many people.

I'll never forget the feeling of laying there just not caring if I lived or died, as long as the suffering would end. I had delusions from the fever, and lost about 20 pounds over two weeks. I couldn't even get out of bed on Christmas morning.

It seems that children and older people are more likely to die from the flu, so if you don't have a really strong constitution, you'd be safer to get the shot.

I know there is some controversy over children building up antibodies to to such germs, but if the kid doesn't live through the illness, the antibodies are useless, so I'd recommend getting kids shots too, for the really nasty strains.[/quote']

That was going around in California. I got it and my dad got it. It was called the Hong Kong Flue

I remember barfing so hard my nose began to bleed way hard. I was tripping.

I survived. But I sure was scared out of my skin.

Archived