Gibson Brands Forums

Childhood vaccinations?

Homz

Statement from the Department of Health and Human Services

The medical and scientific communities have carefully and thoroughly reviewed the evidence concerning the vaccine-autism theory and have found no association between vaccines and autism. If parents have questions or concerns about childhood vaccines, they should talk with their child’s health care provider.

They should..

I work with three people who have children with autism as a result of the MMR... They are certain thta is the cause as the children were fine before they had it...

My Childrens Health is paramount...Unlike there smoking drinking never sleeping dad! LOL

Flight959

HPV?

The HPV vaccine is routinely recommended for girls 11 and 12 years of age and is given in a series of three injections over a six-month period. The second and third doses should be given two and six months (respectively) after the first dose.

Are there any reasons my child should not be vaccinated? Other then being a crazy home schooled kid.

In some special situations, children shouldn't be vaccinated. For example, some vaccines shouldn't be given to children who have certain types of cancer or certain diseases, or who are taking drugs that lower the body's ability to resist infection.

If your child has had a serious reaction to the first shot in a series of shots, your family doctor will probably talk with you about the pros and cons of giving him or her the rest of the shots in the series.

Talk to your doctor if you have any questions about whether your child should receive a vaccine.

You know.. vaccinating my kids was a scary thing for me, and now with the "evidence" that is out there, I can see why some people are freaking out over the issue. Nobody wants to take their perfectly healthy child and inject them with stuff that may or may not adversely affect them. It's only a natural reaction to be skeptical and protective.

My position is that for the greater good, vaccinations should be done on healthy children.. and please stop listening to Jenny Mccarthy and talk to your doctor.

I'm all for vaccinations. All of them. HPV included for girls. The risks are far greater your child will contract a serious sickness without being vaccinated then with. I just wanted to see how hot button of an issue this is. Not much of one I guess.

I'm all for vaccinations. All of them. HPV included for girls. The risks are far greater your child will contract a serious sickness without being vaccinated then with. I just wanted to see how hot button of an issue this is. Not much of one I guess.

Yea, I'm not sure how much of a hot button it is on these forums. But I worked with a mom who was very strongly against them, and none of her kids received vaccinations. She always brought up arguments like, "When's the last time you ever seen anyone with Polio"... to which my only response was "That's because the vaccines". We'd argue about it quite a bit, but really couldn't get through eachother's thick skulls.

Yea' date=' I'm not sure how much of a hot button it is on these forums. But I worked with a mom who was very strongly against them, and none of her kids received vaccinations. She always brought up arguments like, "When's the last time you ever seen anyone with Polio"... to which my only response was "That's because the vaccines". We'd argue about it quite a bit, but really couldn't get through eachother's thick skulls.

[/quote']

Polio is actually seeing quite a come back. There is no excuse for that. Not here anyway. I have a great uncle (over 80 now) who had Polio as a child. He's one of the lucky ones he can barely walk.

How about this story. 14 months ago I had a immunization for God knows what. Anyway two weeks later I got a terrible virus for about 3 weeks. I was running a fever for about 15 days. When the last week of my sickness was subsiding I started drinking water and tea all the time. I was urinating alot too. Outside of drinking and peeing alot I felt fine. 3 days into this my mom takes me to the doctor to see what was going on. They test my blood and come back and say my sugar levels are around 400 and I need to go to the hospital. Well after about 4 days of being in the hospital my doctor says that I have type 1 diabetes and will have it for the rest of my life. They proceeded to tell my that I must have family members with diabetes also. I have none, then they tell me that it must have been the vaccination I received. I haven't had one since and nor will I ever get one again.

How about this story. 14 months ago I had a immunization for God knows what. Anyway two weeks later I got a terrible virus for about 3 weeks. I was running a fever for about 15 days. When the last week of my sickness was subsiding I started drinking water and tea all the time. I was urinating alot too. Outside of drinking and peeing alot I felt fine. 3 days into this my mom takes me to the doctor to see what was going on. They test my blood and come back and say my sugar levels are around 400 and I need to go to the hospital. Well after about 4 days of being in the hospital my doctor says that I have type 1 diabetes and will have it for the rest of my life. They proceeded to tell my that I must have family members with diabetes also. I have none' date=' then they tell me that it must have been the vaccination I received. I haven't had one since and nor will I ever get one again.[/quote']

Wow, that's a real kick in the arse. That sucks man. How old are you?

I suggest you read up on Vaccines and talk to your doctor. I will only say you probably don't have enough information to jump to the conclusion that the two are related.

It would be a long shot to assume the vaccine over activated your immune system and it attacked your pancreas causing a Type 1 diabetes. It's theoretically possible, but it would have taken longer then two weeks.

Read up. That does suck though.

Im 20. I had more vaccinations earlier that fall. I got sick in the winter. I have an extremely over active immune system BTW.

Wow. Like I said that's a real kick in the arse.

Since your over 18 I no longer have to be nice to you. "no more blessing". Not me anyway. It was bait.

Not sure I want to bite' date=' but ....

[/quote']

Ok redo. My childhood vactions were fun. I learned alot like that the Italins look like pushovers compared to the russians. Xbox 360 is everywhere. (Microsoft is everywhere) I love food. I love how everyone in grecce is nice to anyone dont matter what color or shape u are. Alot of naked old men in nude beaches. (Hotel View)

How about this story. 14 months ago I had a immunization for God knows what. Anyway two weeks later I got a terrible virus for about 3 weeks. I was running a fever for about 15 days. When the last week of my sickness was subsiding I started drinking water and tea all the time. I was urinating alot too. Outside of drinking and peeing alot I felt fine. 3 days into this my mom takes me to the doctor to see what was going on. They test my blood and come back and say my sugar levels are around 400 and I need to go to the hospital. Well after about 4 days of being in the hospital my doctor says that I have type 1 diabetes and will have it for the rest of my life. They proceeded to tell my that I must have family members with diabetes also. I have none' date=' then they tell me that it must have been the vaccination I received. I haven't had one since and nor will I ever get one again.[/quote']

maybe you got diabetes via god punishing you for being a smartassed little prick

This is being discussed in Australia too at the moment (personally I'm all for vaccinations) and here are some letters from yesterday's Sydney Morning Herald:

Remember the diseases that immunisation prevents

As a GP and a mother of a child with autism, I am deeply disturbed by the lies and bad science on the "evils" of immunisation ("Selfish dummy mummies need consciences pricked", February 21-22).

When a child is diagnosed with autism, the parents' natural instinct is to blame something. The anti-immunisation charlatans prey on these vulnerable families.

Part of the problem is that this generation of parents has not seen first-hand the diseases immunisation is designed to prevent. I have: a baby in intensive care with whooping cough; a young child with encephalitis due to measles (left with brain damage and deafness); an elderly lady dying of tetanus; a baby born with defects due to maternal rubella infection.

These diseases are still out there, and unless parents properly vaccinate their children, we will see more of them.

Dr Alison Palmer Albury

Nick Fredman (Letters, February 23) is willing to be convinced immunisation is worth it. Haemophilus influenzae B was the most frequent bacterial cause of life-threatening disease under the age of five, causing meningitis, epiglottitis and pneumonia, before vaccination for infants was introduced in 1993. The rate of those infections has dropped by more than 90 per cent. It was not our clean and healthy country that made the difference.

Dr Elizabeth Magassy Wollongong

When Nick Fredman's healthy son contracts a normally mild case of rubella, he may cause untold misery to a woman in early stages of pregnancy, giving her the choice of termination, death in utero or carrying a severely deformed child. Just one of many compelling reasons to immunise.

Fe Ross Vaucluse

Archived